Floor Steam Cleaner

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Neil, Aug 9, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Neil

Neil Grand Master

I've got a gym and spa in London that needs to be cleaned , I need a steam cleaner for the floors and tiles has anyone used one before? NOT A VAX OR ANYTHING RUBBISH LIKE THAT.

Advertisement
  2. Duckie

Duckie Newcomer

Hi Neil
    Depending on type of flooring (I'm guessing its a vinyl or safety flooring) you might be better with a hard floor machine (eg rotawash). Also on tile we have found steam to be OK for a maintenance clean but if the grout is discolored it really doesn't make much of a difference and we have usually gone back to good old scrubbing with a chemical and hard work. If its wall tile scrub it by hand, you might need a stronger solution for really dirty grout, wash off and use a flat mop with plenty dry heads to remove the excess water and dry to a shine.
    Hope this helps.
    Dawn

3. stuvy

stuvy Well-Known Member

be super careful with steam on tiles as the steam can penetrate behind broken grout/cracked tiles and it sits damp and encourages mold spores to grow rapidly.

Give clover chemicals a call and ask for bioshield, I clean a gym regularly and swear by that stuff. if you need a chat pm me and I can send you my number :Image9:

Advertisement