Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A bit of maintenance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So today after over 10 years of producing approximately 2,250 ltr of pure 5 days a week I have changed the membranes bit of a pig of a job getting them out of the housings as they had been in there that long the seals had dried up but after a lot of heat with a hot air gun and some WD40 got them out , and replaced them with DuPont ones from @doug atkinson at daqua also changed the resin and thought I would give the nuclear grade stuff a go , also changed the carbon sediment and 5 micron filters and the pre filters as well so hopefully won’t have to change anything for a while .

Attachments

• IMG_3209.jpeg
    IMG_3209.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3207.jpeg
    IMG_3207.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3206.jpeg
    IMG_3206.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3205.jpeg
    IMG_3205.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3204.jpeg
    IMG_3204.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 36
I’m doing maintenance too, attempting immersion hot water, changing hose on reel and all connectors to prevent any drips And changing over sediment and carbon filters. Not a fan of the jobs but it’ll keep me efficient over the winter.
Let us know hoe the immersion install goes.

So today after over 10 years of producing approximately 2,250 ltr of pure 5 days a week I have changed the membranes bit of a pig of a job getting them out of the housings as they had been in there that long the seals had dried up but after a lot of heat with a hot air gun and some WD40 got them out , and replaced them with DuPont ones from @doug atkinson at daqua also changed the resin and thought I would give the nuclear grade stuff a go , also changed the carbon sediment and 5 micron filters and the pre filters as well so hopefully won’t have to change anything for a while .
10 years and that volume of water is some-going for one membrane

@Pjj Tell me if you will, where you have 2 membranes does it go through sediment and carbon and then just break off at that splitter? Then does it come out the other end and just join up? Interested as I remember you said your waste to pure was much lower than the average because its double RO. I'm moving the RO from my garage to the office in the new year and the water cost is going to go up with the move.

Yes just as you have said , my waste is lower as I choose how much to dump according to tap TDS when we are working in a very high area I find 50-50 works well at home with a low TDS I can get 80-20 , hope this makes sense ?

@Pjj Tell me if you will, where you have 2 membranes does it go through sediment and carbon and then just break off at that splitter? Then does it come out the other end and just join up? Interested as I remember you said your waste to pure was much lower than the average because its double RO. I'm moving the RO from my garage to the office in the new year and the water cost is going to go up with the move.
What you've said has just spiked my interest as I have a 40/21 on order and just made me think I might need to connect 1/2" hose to JG elbow outlets on the membrane for the waste and pure but looking online it will take days for them to be delivered ?

Picture 1 of 1​

John Guest 2x 3/8-1/2 Tube Hose Stem Fittings - Picture 1 of 1

Hover to zoom

Have one to sell?
Sell it yourself

John Guest 2x 3/8"-1/2" Tube Hose Stem Fittings​

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
What you've said has just spiked my interest as I have a 40/21 on order and just made me think I might need to connect 1/2" hose to JG elbow outlets on the membrane for the waste and pure but looking online it will take days for them to be delivered ?

Picture 1 of 1​

John Guest 2x 3/8-1/2 Tube Hose Stem Fittings - Picture 1 of 1

Hover to zoom

Have one to sell?
Sell it yourself

John Guest 2x 3/8"-1/2" Tube Hose Stem Fittings​

That’s what I have on mine

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That’s what I have on mine
Thanks, Paul, delivery of these is between next Monday & Thursday be great if I could get some sooner local to me or from @doug atkinson who I'll phone in the morning to check it didn't cross my mind this morning, I was thinking i could just insert the 1/2" hose into the elbow fitting :rolleyes: silly me

Thanks, Paul, delivery of these is between next Monday & Thursday be great if I could get some sooner local to me or from @doug atkinson who I'll phone in the morning to check it didn't cross my mind this morning, I was thinking i could just insert the 1/2" hose into the elbow fitting :rolleyes: silly me
Try a local plumbers merchant some do sell them but not all, I tend to keep a small stock of anything like this that we use

Yes just as you have said , my waste is lower as I choose how much to dump according to tap TDS when we are working in a very high area I find 50-50 works well at home with a low TDS I can get 80-20 , hope this makes sense ?
I thought the waste to pure was about making sure the tds removed was washed away by the % of waste water.
Have you just guessed at the 50:50 to 80:20 or is there anything specific behind the numbers?
Considering your membranes have lasted 10 years you must be doing something right.

Latest Posts

Back