Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A bit of maintenance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

We also don't have the luxury of been given £41 billion a year like Scotland does ?

But Scotland is far less populated and has no doubt a greater surplus of water

We haven't generated what we get back for quite a while now. About 14 years I'm sure. We did however go more than 30 years where we put more in the coffers every year than we got back. We put more in per head than the rest of britain did as a whole constantly for 30 years. So I think we are owed some lee way.

If you actually look into it now, london single handedly subsidises the whole of the uk at the moment. Take away london and not one part of the uk could be self sufficient.

Our tds up here comes out the tap below 20.

We haven't generated what we get back for quite a while now. About 14 years I'm sure. We did however go more than 30 years where we put more in the coffers every year than we got back. We put more in per head than the rest of britain did as a whole constantly for 30 years. So I think we are owed some lee way.

If you actually look into it now, london single handedly subsidises the whole of the uk at the moment. Take away london and not one part of the uk could be self sufficient.

Our tds up here comes out the tap below 20.
The City of London, the financial centre, does. The rest of London, especially TFL is massively subsidised by the rest of England.
I think more tax payers money is paid to TFL than the rest of the English transport system put together.
The new QE line cost about £20 billion I think

Last edited:
The City of London, rhe financial centre, does. The rest of London, especially TFL is massively subsidised by the rest of England.
I think more tax payers money is paid to TFL than the rest of the English transport system put together.
The new QE line cost about £20 billion I think
Exactly, I don't believe for one minute London generates the income to support the rest of the UK, it's us tax payers who are supporting our counties. towns and villages it's just those at the top who decide who gets what.

I think London taxpayers pay more tax than Scotland gets in the block grant. I was reading it many months ago and I couldn't believe how much London generates in Tax Revenue. Anyhow houses aren't selling up here now. Out today cleaning because I had a few days in bed with Miss Cold and was running late. Talking to my customers and was asking why houses that were sold are now back on the market and they said the mortgage fell through. I think the economy will see a stale till the Spring but I am noticing the gutter clears coming in thick and fast.

Exactly, I don't believe for one minute London generates the income to support the rest of the UK, it's us tax payers who are supporting our counties. towns and villages it's just those at the top who decide who gets what.

I think without london we would find it a bit difficult tbh. It's mental it's mental numbers. It was ranked the wealthiest city in the world last year I think. I read this year it has come down to 4th though. It's always very very high against any other place in the world when the figures are involved. I was quite surprised how well it does compared to anywhere else in the world when I read a bit about it the other year.

I think without london we would find it a bit difficult tbh. It's mental it's mental numbers. It was ranked the wealthiest city in the world last year I think. I read this year it has come down to 4th though. It's always very very high against any other place in the world when the figures are involved. I was quite surprised how well it does compared to anywhere else in the world when I read a bit about it the other year.
The trouble with this is there are lies, damn lies and statistics. The square mile, without doubt, generates alot of money but to claim this is from London is wrong. It is actually generated by the City Of London, that is a seperate city to London, here few taxpayers live, and is taxes from worldwide businesses.
To claim London pays more than anywhere would mean Londoners would have to accept the financial crash, and all of the financial woes, is there fault.
I don't blame them for that and don't accept the claim they somehow generate more money

The trouble with this is there are lies, damn lies and statistics. The square mile, without doubt, generates alot of money but to claim this is from London is wrong. It is actually generated by the City Of London, that is a seperate city to London, here few taxpayers live, and is taxes from worldwide businesses.
To claim London pays more than anywhere would mean Londoners would have to accept the financial crash, and all of the financial woes, is there fault.
I don't blame them for that and don't accept the claim they somehow generate more money

There's lunatics up here believe that Scotland 3 and a half million tax payers are subsidising london. I'm not even joking, they refuse to accept that scotland somehow gets more money than we put in. It's like there brain washed, it can be laid out right infront of them which clearly shows it and they start banging on about its left out our whiskey sales etc. And make it out as if its a big conspiracy. Even when it's official scot gov papers that show it. They were shouting from the roof tops the other mont believing trucks were coming up from England and stealing our water with them.

London generates £1.1bn annually that's a drop in the ocean, below is from
Office for Budget Responsibility

In 2023-24, we expect central government departments to spend £421.7 billion on the day-to-day ('current') running costs of public services, grants and administration. This is 35 percent of public spending. The biggest items are health (£176.2 billion), education (£81.4 billion) and defence (£32.4 billion).

Latest Posts

Back