Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Franchise

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I don't know any franchises that collect the money for you  if they did most would be vat registered and most I have seen are not 

when people buy in to franchise  they usually  get the amount of work there happy with  say 4K a month so the need for extra work isn't a high priority so mass marketing is a dead expense for them.They will normally require a turn over they are comftable with so the need for extra marketing isn't a necessity.

There are a number of people franchising on ciu there main expense is the legal documentation the work is generated by canversers and covered by the cost of the buy in fee the van and equipment is normally purchased by the person buying in to the franchise.

once up and running the company selling the franchise do very little for there 20%. Most use it as a retirement plan or way of slowing down.

20% for all of that does seem really good. I wonder what collection methods they use. Must have everyone on gocardless etc.

We already only accept GoCardless. No reason not to.  There is no alternative anymore.  The time savings are already paying off.  Check 'job done' then submit worksheet and around a week later money is in bank. No faffing about. Love it. 

Pure assumption but I would think same as any other way based on turnover. 

Minute you're turning over £84k as a franchisee you gotta pay the VAT -- and most likely before deductions. 
The local taxi company fought the VAT man on their account customers saying that each taxi driver was a sole trader and therefore they didn't have to apply VAT onto the fares. Guess who won the court case. 

Back