Frank got his pole stuck

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by Jimroot, Feb 15, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

:rofl:Frank did my gutters today, he got his vac pole end stuck in the down spout, the pole join separated out of reach and he used a broom to hook it out again and catch it :eek:

Going to make a new end tool to avoid trapping it in future as nearly got stuck between gutter and tile too:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

There wa a chap did that on a 3 storey buiding he was clearing. He was basicaly fooked as his ladder did not raech so had to leave it like that for a few day until he got a long enough ladder to get it down. The H&S officer of the building was none to please as workers keep asking why is that sticking out the side of the building :D

The chap packed it in after that and sold all his kit which was franks fault after all :laugh:

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You could gaffer tape the sections together to stop the coming apart I suppose. However that is not going to stop the nozzel size you use getting stuck.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You can damage clips and joints too if not careful so you need to go steady or you will be up your ladder to fix stuff frank breaks,

5. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

I'm buggered if I'm going higher than two storeys and ending up like your man, frank.

I needed to be able to work both methods just in case. Less dosh but less headache.

I'm investigating lubricants for carbon, I reckon I was too timid setting it up first time, I was worried about forcing them. But I want to be able to release them again.

As for the jam, I reckon the tool end has its limitations and a selection of smaller modified pole ends might be a solution. It will cut down on matter removed but I guess it's a fine balance between volume and efficacy. Smaller tool heads might mean less chance of damage up there too.

Including a cam survey before and after, the job was still a lot quicker than ladder.

6. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

Lol. I can clean up to 4 stories with my system. Each section has clamps on. I only clamp them if I think it going to be a tough job though.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I can also reach 4 stories but like **** will I try as some 2 stories are hard enough let alone 4 :D

8. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Wouldn't like to do four stories either, what if you can't do a bit with the vac and the vid evidence reveals it?

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Or you damage the guttering trying :rolleyes:

10. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Might be that I've got too much of franks DNA in my system, but I've so far learnt if it can go wrong, it does

Advertisement