Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FSG newbie Pricing help - North West

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I know thats what was said but on FSG there is no difference. Regardless of what the client 'asks' what they are expecting is nice white gutters again. 

You cant charge for a varying degree of clean it is simply clean or it is not. 

As a noob this will take you longer than a seasoned pro and I see that taking a minimum of 4 hours to do with my 10 years experience so for you Mr Noob (no offence) alloe at least 8 hours.  

I would also want at least £250 to do all that.  Minimum. Then you can relax, settle in take your time and do a job you're going to be proud of in the end. 

Start with the gutters, clear all downpipes first then channels, then start on the outside.  Work no more than 1 meter (1 clip to 1 clip) a time this way in smaller chunks it is more manageable and you have no chance of chems drying on the plastic as you try to do too much area at once. 

Good advice thanks - I think it’s the best part of a day’s work especially as haven’t done one before. Sounds like I’m better taking some basic tools along too in case have to dismantle downpipes etc?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Good advice thanks - I think it’s the best part of a day’s work especially as haven’t done one before. Sounds like I’m better taking some basic tools along too in case have to dismantle downpipes etc?

I always take my makita drill set, the cordless impact driver and the other one. Comes in handy for speedy removal of screws rather than taking forever with a screwdriver. Drain rods, spare screws, silicone gun, snake for downpipes, you may not need them but always handy to have you know

You lucky man, nice part of the country. Wales is beautiful....once you go outside cardiff and newport
emoji23.png

Yes it is we were in Abergavenny , Ross on wye , black mountains back in the summer nice area  

I know thats what was said but on FSG there is no difference. Regardless of what the client 'asks' what they are expecting is nice white gutters again. 

You cant charge for a varying degree of clean it is simply clean or it is not. 

As a noob this will take you longer than a seasoned pro and I see that taking a minimum of 4 hours to do with my 10 years experience so for you Mr Noob (no offence) alloe at least 8 hours.  

I would also want at least £250 to do all that.  Minimum. Then you can relax, settle in take your time and do a job you're going to be proud of in the end. 

Start with the gutters, clear all downpipes first then channels, then start on the outside.  Work no more than 1 meter (1 clip to 1 clip) a time this way in smaller chunks it is more manageable and you have no chance of chems drying on the plastic as you try to do too much area at once. 

Theres a big difference between it being clean you can clean any plastic but it won’t nessasarily look that good , rust staining from screws, nails, gray shading from years of neglect ,and or uv damage, gray staining from perished seals etc,  to restore it you need to polish it with a variety of products and Evan then some plastics will revert quickly to there former dull look , we will clean any plastic product but no longer restore plastics as it isn’t worth the time and effort when you can just do easy cleans  

If the customer has said that they will be replacing the Fascias etc, and they just want them reasonably clean not restored then that is what I would give them. If they complain then they need to be told they got what they asked, and paid for. For a newbie it is an ideal job, most of the lower fascias and gutters look reasonably clean so probably don't need chemicals. Most bungalow downpipes aren't screwed together as they are easily reached and reassembled, this is usually done on first floor and above only.

Everyone is trying to over complicate a very easy job, even for a newbie. All he needs is a bucket, a set of step ladders and a WFP system. The chemicals will speed the job up but aren't necessary. He needs to get the job so he can learn, it's ok all the experienced, busy established people saying I would charge X,Y and Z but they're probably not that fussed if they get it or not. Surely securing the job is the first thing he needs to do. Yes ideally he would get a full days pay if he was up to speed but he might stick in a high price and miss it, then he's still at square one. 

If the customer has said that they will be replacing the Fascias etc, and they just want them reasonably clean not restored then that is what I would give them. If they complain then they need to be told they got what they asked, and paid for. For a newbie it is an ideal job, most of the lower fascias and gutters look reasonably clean so probably don't need chemicals. Most bungalow downpipes aren't screwed together as they are easily reached and reassembled, this is usually done on first floor and above only.
Everyone is trying to over complicate a very easy job, even for a newbie. All he needs is a bucket, a set of step ladders and a WFP system. The chemicals will speed the job up but aren't necessary. He needs to get the job so he can learn, it's ok all the experienced, busy established people saying I would charge X,Y and Z but they're probably not that fussed if they get it or not. Surely securing the job is the first thing he needs to do. Yes ideally he would get a full days pay if he was up to speed but he might stick in a high price and miss it, then he's still at square one. 
Sorry guys, largely me that’s over complicated this. I just thought i’d share some worst case scenarios rather than have him assume it would be a walk in the park, (8 times out of 10 it usually is) doesn’t sound like he’s got a customer who’s particularly fussed anyway especially if they’re replacing it all.

FYI guys, I went in at £200 for the whole job including windows. No response...but very grateful for all the feedback, will help me in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

FYI guys, I went in at £200 for the whole job including windows. No response...but very grateful for all the feedback, will help me in the future.

Try and find out what it went for, they might not have made their mind up yet. Just say you've missed a few jobs and could do with finding out where the opposition is.

Good suggestion - It’s not been done yet, have gone past the house a few times, is still untouched, but I’m going to contact the customer for some feedback...assume “too expensive...” but will see what she says.

Good suggestion - It’s not been done yet, have gone past the house a few times, is still untouched, but I’m going to contact the customer for some feedback...assume “too expensive...” but will see what she says.

If she says it's too expensive ask her what she wants to pay and try and do a deal. Once you're up to speed you'll knock that out in a morning easily. If gutters aren't that bad a couple of hours possibly. I know a few on here will say don't undersell yourself but even at £100 if it took you 5 hours you're still making £20 an hour, and learning at the same time

Back