Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Further water restrictions

WCF

Help Support WCF:

On the local news last night they were saying that SWW are looking at further water restrictions on business that aren’t essential services they mentioned car washes by name nothing about window cleaning ,but though the fact that they said non essential services could and probably would affect us , has anyone else had this said in there areas ?

We have had the odd shower but nothing to make much difference.
We need to build a pipeline from the borders. Definitely getting wetter up here and getting hammered with gutter and roof jobs. My customer got new lead round his chimney fitted and they decided to roughcast it on Monday. First coat on morning, rain storm afternoon now the two roofs black tiles are coated white sand and cement. They will need to change all the tiles for new ones so a nice earner has turned out a nightmare and they will lose money on it. School boy error, always need to keep an eye on the weather because it changes so quick up here. I would have thought a roofer would have a chimney cover or a one ton bag to put over a chimney, it was a semi bungalow. ?

On the local news last night they were saying that SWW are looking at further water restrictions on business that aren’t essential services they mentioned car washes by name nothing about window cleaning ,but though the fact that they said non essential services could and probably would affect us , has anyone else had this said in there areas ?
Honestly I wouldn’t worry! I’m in West Midlands and it’s all good here, fingers crossed it all works out ??

Back