Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner 18ft xtreme2 wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I remember in my early day as a wfper breaking a 12' fibre glass pole. I had layed it down fully extended on a lawn whilst I collected money from a customer who came to a window to pay me. I made the mistake of picking it up in the middle and it folded in half.

Re open windows, if they don't shut easily I use the angle adapter to turn the brush so I can clean it where it is.

@Graham chitty i think it was @Damo done a video also on how to maintain carbon poles
I carefully read the user guides and all the demos on how to maintain all gardiner pole systems before hand as I've been cleaning windows for over 20 years and cleaning with wfp over 10 years so no need to put the link in your comments,ps I paid over £400 for a quality tough light xtreme water fed pole which could not stand the crash test dummy for Windows cleaners.

really u shudnt be using it to close windows lol maybe talk to them and perhaps buy a slx
Your be ok with clx or slx but please do no buy the xtreme range because it's not worth the money.

Yes I've read that and must confess I've never really cleaned any pole that regularly, but will do.I think the issue here is/was the strength of the v2 model, I broke mine shutting a window. I hoped that it would withstand a drop and be able to push too an open window.

It would seem the v3 is an improvement without the bands and are a very rated pole in the main for people with knackered shoulders or joints.

I will order the two in my cart, as soon as I can come to terms with taking that much out the bank.

Tony
Do not buy the xtreme poles tony you will be very disappointed and wasting your money and you will not get a refund for a poor manufactured water fed pole,that's why gardiner water fed pole systems keep trying to upgrade from v1 v2 and now v 3 because there not a reliable pole but still a very high price to pay.

Do not buy the xtreme poles tony you will be very disappointed and wasting your money and you will not get a refund for a poor manufactured water fed pole,that's why gardiner water fed pole systems keep trying to upgrade from v1 v2 and now v 3 because there not a reliable pole but still a very high price to pay.
Should of kept my facelift Phoenix hybrid pole now I had no problems with that pole but just fancied a change,biggest mistake I've ever made.

lol such a name dropper and a rep destroyer FAO EVERYONE .. GARDINER POLE SYSTEMS WILL CEASE TRADING BECAUSE @Graham chitty HAS HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE and admitted to breaking the pole dont blame gardiner poles mate twas your faults and sillyness and really with 10 year experience with wfp the question shud be .. why leave a 400 quid pole resting on a gutter with your experience ??

resting on the conservatory roof gutter section when it decided to slid off and hit the decking fence and broke the top section in half

I have a extreme pole it's the best pole I have ever used will be replacing all poles with the extreme range in the future.

There not as strong and need a bit more care than the slx's but so much lighter and stiffer.

Yes I've read that and must confess I've never really cleaned any pole that regularly, but will do.I think the issue here is/was the strength of the v2 model, I broke mine shutting a window. I hoped that it would withstand a drop and be able to push too an open window.

It would seem the v3 is an improvement without the bands and are a very rated pole in the main for people with knackered shoulders or joints.

I will order the two in my cart, as soon as I can come to terms with taking that much out the bank.

Tony
Don't think cleaning it is going to stop it from cracking.

lol such a name dropper and a rep destroyer FAO EVERYONE .. GARDINER POLE SYSTEMS WILL CEASE TRADING BECAUSE @Graham chitty HAS HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE and admitted to breaking the pole dont blame gardiner poles mate twas your faults and sillyness and really with 10 year experience with wfp the question shud be .. why leave a 400 quid pole resting on a gutter with your experience ??
Can you real all of what i wrote in the thread and tell me how it broke the second time round, gardiner water fed poles are supposedly strong versatile etc that can stand up to the job of window cleaning obviously you ain't been cleaning that long

/emoticons/sad.png

I made a real mess of my first set of ladders 40 yrs ago when I left them leaning against a wall fully extended on a windy day. They blew down across a low brick wall. Nearly rendered them useless. Had to hammer out a serious dent. In hind sight, I should probably have replaced them as I was on them all the time.

We can't blame the equipment for our mistakes. Gardiner have never claimed that their poles won't break if dropped on a brick wall and there are plenty of post on here and other forums re the limitations of the Extreme range of poles for you to make an informed decision when purchasing it.

Graham if you read through the thread the question about the middle section has indeed been covered by others and the answer is most likely it was damaged when you dropped it but wasnt immediately apparent. This is an expensive bit of kit as you know and makes no claims to be able to withstand being dropped like that. It is durable in the sense of everyday use. As you know I'm sure being so experienced that its not an everyday thing dropping a pole like that! Most wouldn't be leaning a £400 but of kit on guttering. Probably lucky really it didn't fall on a custies car or break a window etc.

@Graham chitty i think it may be an ider u sell it on e.bay once u get ur new section as there poles are probly not for you ill be ordering a v3 to try them out tho, ive hurd the v2 poles can be a bit week if ur heavy handed or not very carefull with them lurning curve i think for u,ps i have a slx and its bin droped draged down the road buy a car stood on the lot and its still fine my old pheonix x was wore out in no time it did not even last a year ill never buy one of them again

@Graham chitty i think it may be an ider u sell it on e.bay once u get ur new section as there poles are probly not for you ill be ordering a v3 to try them out tho, ive hurd the v2 poles can be a bit week if ur heavy handed or not very carefull with them lurning curve i think for u,ps i have a slx and its bin droped draged down the road buy a car stood on the lot and its still fine my old pheonix x was wore out in no time it did not even last a year ill never buy one of them again
@tench0771 I just got the v3 18ft, lovely peice of kit. Extremely light and extremely rigid. I also have v1 25ft & 47ft. Having used all three I quite like the balance of the 25.

@Gilly im guna go for the v3 22ft i i think as my slx is 22ft for my round its a idel size i was toying with maby the 18ft but i think ide reget it as it a tad short for me have u had any problims with your sections? my six is a tougth old dog but i just want a liter pole my m8's extreme 25 fiels fether lite he has the old extreme one before the metel clamping one

Thanks tench hopefully getting my replacement tomorrow and I think I will sell it and get myself a slx

@Gilly im guna go for the v3 22ft i i think as my slx is 22ft for my round its a idel size i was toying with maby the 18ft but i think ide reget it as it a tad short for me have u had any problims with your sections? my six is a tougth old dog but i just want a liter pole my m8's extreme 25 fiels fether lite he has the old extreme one before the metel clamping one
The 22ft sounds spot on for you and more compact than the 25ft so more maneuverability on ground floor windows. I don't know what all the fuss is about, never had any issues with the extreme poles been using them since Alex brought them out. Maybe we all look after things differently but I'm sure if you treat it like a £500+ pole then you should get years out of it. You won't regret it, wish I'd gone for the 22ft now.

Thanks tench hopefully getting my replacement tomorrow and I think I will sell it and get myself a slx
But Gardiners are con men according to one of your posts. I think you should apologise to Alex Gardiner personally. If I've ever had a problem with Gardiners it has been sorted without any quibble, no questions asked. Alex Gardiner is a gent!

Which part do you dislike @Graham chitty? The part I think you should apologise, the part I quote you saying they're con men or the part I think Mr G is a gent?

Back