Gardiner 18ft xtreme2 wfp

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Graham chitty, Apr 12, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. i thought I would treat myself to the gardiner 18 ft xtreme wfp just to see how good and light and rigid it was well the first day I used it the pole was extended and resting on the conservatory roof gutter section when it decided to slid off and hit the decking fence and broke the top section in half, I phone gardener up about this and all they could give me was a discount on a top section of the pole much to my disgust any I carried on using the pole and regulary cleaned it with pure water and just this week on my on my first clean of the day when I extended the pole to clean a small 3 bed house the middle section broke in half so that's it just a bit of advise to fellow wfp cleaners not to waste your money on these poles as I've gone back to composite poles.

Advertisement
  2. omni

omni Newcomer

I've been using Gardiner poles for years and have had the odd issue here and there but Gardiner have always sorted me out.

On the whole there poles are far better than any others I've tried on the market.

3. The gardiner composite has been a great pole for me but not this xtreme pole I'm trying to get in touch with them via phone but no answer still

4. chris clean

chris clean Active Member

I am confused how the pole falling on a fence and breaking is Gardiners fault and surely kind of them to offer you a discount on New swection. If i crash my car it will get damaged i doubt vauxhall will give me a discount on a new one!

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. robert mitchell

robert mitchell Newcomer

My extreme 25 is 18 months old now and no snapped sections , it is worn and does wear quicker but i expected that .

6. Ok explanation on the middle section breaking please.

7. tlwcs

tlwcs Guest

Is this the v2 with the metal bands or the latest v3?
    Tony

8. yes
    the v2 with metal bands tony

9. Poles Apart

I have heard some negative reports on the strength of these poles, all poles will fall to the ground it happens all the time an important tool of the trade should be able to withstand closing the odd window or being dropped it's not like it's heavy abuse.

10. tlwcs

tlwcs Guest

Thank you. I also had one I broke shutting a window and sold the sections on

Looking to buy 2 v3 1x 22" and 1x35 they are in my cart but I can't seem to press pay lol
    Tony

Advertisement