Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner backpack question??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Done half my house, 3 bed detached, used approx 20L,now waiting to see results, not sure what level of power on back pack to use? 
Flow is an individual thing as it depends on speed etc. Basically you need enough to create a nice wall of water going down the glass as you move brush side to side. 

If your windows had been cleaned recently then 20l might be a bit much. If they haven't been cleaned for months then 20l is probably about right but it will vary. 

As for results, manually clean inside and see how clean the outside glass looks. If you are using pure then you should be fine. 

Flow is an individual thing as it depends on speed etc. Basically you need enough to create a nice wall of water going down the glass as you move brush side to side. 

If your windows had been cleaned recently then 20l might be a bit much. If they haven't been cleaned for months then 20l is probably about right but it will vary. 

As for results, manually clean inside and see how clean the outside glass looks. If you are using pure then you should be fine. 
Yeah done regular, this is why I'm doing my own 1st??

Think my problem is getting the pvc above glass clean, 1st attempt windows dirtyer! Will try again tomorrow. 
Do not go below the top frame until it's clean, if you do dirty water will come off it onto your freshly cleaned glass.

On first cleans rinse thoroughly and when you've done so rinse again. To give you a rough idea about flow, the water from your jets should travel arounf 6 feet, with your pole standing upright, before it starts to drop. If it's currently only a few feet then you'll spend ages rinsing.

Do not go below the top frame until it's clean, if you do dirty water will come off it onto your freshly cleaned glass.

On first cleans rinse thoroughly and when you've done so rinse again. To give you a rough idea about flow, the water from your jets should travel arounf 6 feet, with your pole standing upright, before it starts to drop. If it's currently only a few feet then you'll spend ages rinsing.
Thanks for the tips??

I like the tip of 6ft.  Cheers as a newbie also. 

Just curious... Does anyone take the filter part out of the top of the gardiner backpack?

First day today and went well but the filter slows down the refill time considerably...

I've not got one but didn't think the pumps in the backbacks where chemical pumps if not should have thought it wouldn't last
They are designed to have weed killer put through them but not harsh chemicals like hypo , but I used to find they would last around 3 years with constant use with strong hypo mixes , but it will obviously invalidate the warrantee but at £120 it’s paid for on less than one softwash job . Provided you flush them through after they are fine .

Back