Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar Panel Kit for leisure battery charging

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cristian

Hi folks

Anybody got any idea what size of solar panel kit in watts I would need to keep a 110ah topped up. Looking at caravan kits and it looks the way forward.

Cheers

Cristian

Hi folks

Anybody got any idea what size of solar panel kit in watts I would need to keep a 110ah topped up. Looking at caravan kits and it looks the way forward.

Cheers

Cristian
Alot will be dependant on your amp usage per day, this would be your starting point to make any judgements before spending your hard earned cash, a fair few peeps on WCP have been experimenting with solar with mixed success..... 

Hi folks

Cheers

Cristian
Good in summer - not so good in winter.

There is a cleaner in the Plymouth area who is currently experimenting with solar. He is just managing a keep up with an 80 watt solar panel and a good Victron MPPT controller. For example, yesterday he 'lost' 1 amp from his battery - his pump used 1 amp more than his solar panel replaced. He is going to buy 2 x 60 watt panels and link them together for more amps.

I found this interesting.

This guy is living on his long boat and gives you an idea of what solar is doing in the winter months. He has got a couple of large solar panels; 2 x 240 watt. His daily energy needs are much greater than ours but his panel output will fall far short of what we would use a day in winter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back