Gumtree are now charging for the "free" adverts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, May 3, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

Last few years iv used Gumtree to advertize for work,using a free basic advert in the window cleaning section. its worked ok for me .
    Today i notice its changed,they want paying [99p] for even the most basic ad.

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

They have been doing this for quite some time now Boars. You get up to 2 free ads per category then they charge.

I have 4 different email addresses just to get round it.

Other way to look at is is if you know it works for you why not pay the 99p? If you only get one regular job it's worth it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i hadnt thought of using a diffrent email address -cheers for that tip!

have you ever done the Premium Gumtree ad options? i havnt,have always wondered if thats where the gold is ...

Before i started advertizing on the free ads , I used to think that Gumtree attracted penny pinching Doley types, i later found that indeed it is the case!
    nontheless iv picked up some decent wheat amongst the chaff over on Gumtree

4. paul fenwick

paul fenwick Guest

first time running an ad on gumtree in the services/property maintenance section for my business and it has just cost me £4.99 and that's with no extras,the ad just goes down the page when other ads go on so ad can be off first page after a day.A whole 2 reply's one miles away and one wanting a blind price over the phone which I don't do.Tried putting ad in free sections but gumtree take them straight down.Total bloody waste of money,live and learn.

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

2 replies isnt tooo bad ^ . earlier today i tried Greens tip of using a diffrent email address to fool the gumtree , unfortunately that didnt work ,it wouldnt accept it ,sensed im a fraudster!

6. TolishAPurd

Did you use the same number or advert content?

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#7 boarcity, May 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
    lf444.jpg
    yes, the fools way!

i dont want to be faking who i am,or do i ... thats a thought..... the secondary business ,new number ,,, a fresh start- the faker! - this time im a lady window cleaner ^,

8. Alien Human

When I first posted an ad on gumtree I got zilch, nada, nofink.......but then jobs randomly started to generate from it & I still get some good ones from it.

I pick & choose from gumtree as there are people wanting their entire windows cleaned for £4......'that's what my last window cleaner charged'

Another good one for me is www.freeindex.co.uk

Only get 1-2 per month but they are always regular customers & sites like these can boost website hits & does things that Google likes......so my geeky IT friend often tells me......but I never (listen) understand what he's on about :)

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

freeindex is good i agree ^ how many freeindex reviews have you got Alien ? iv got about 5 , none in the last year though

10. Alien Human

It's good isn't it Boar........Think I've got 2 - it's a clever system that Free Index have - quite like the speed at which you need to reply and opportunity to sell yourself......bit different to other sites.

Advertisement