Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter camera

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It maybe something to do with your phone screen resolution or the settings on the camera then maybe.

I have no issues like that as the pic is crystal clear on my iphone.

The delay does my head in big time with live viewing and taking photos , I can extend my slx 35 to the gutter wait another second then it starts after I have got to the top of the gutter is anyone else's like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gutter Survey - when I just want to do a quick gutter survey I mount it on a bare wfp and do the following:

1. turn the camera on - by default I've set it to record vid clips.

2. press the top button to start recording

3. extend the pole to gutter height.

4. run the camera along the length of gutter

3. check any downspouts as well

4. bring the pole back down

5. pressing the top button again to stop it recording.

6. view the vid clip using the lcd touch screen bacpac.

I do the same for gutters on all aspects of the property

Job done!

Real time guttervac clearing - I tend to do the following:

1. mount the camera on the guttervac nozzle - mounting bracket is already on the nozzle so I just mount the camera to that.

2. turn on the camera

3. turn on the camera wifi

4. mount the iphone on the pole using that chepo runner armband phone case

5. start up the gopro app on the iphone so is connected and set to pre-view

6. expand the pre-view window to full size

7. turn on the guttervac

8. raise the guttervac pole and start clearing the gutter

I don't permanently look at the pre-view on the phone but just go over a section at a time if it needs doing and make sure each section of guttering is clear before moving on to the next bit. I also check and attempt to clear any downspouts but on some badly blocked ones may need to use ladders to take the joints apart to remove the blockage by hand.

Just like to mention that if you want to take a pic or vid then be aware that the pre-view on the gopro app will stop working. Not a big issues for me as I just start the pre-view back up again after I've finished taking a pic or vid.

Water test guttering & downspouts - using a standard garden hose pipe & cone adjustable spray nozzle connected to a wfp using customers outside tap I tend to do the following:

1. mount garden hose & cone nozzle to a double angle adapter on wfp - by cable ties or gaffer tap

2. mount gopro camera in its water proof housing to pole - using a gopro seat post/handle bar mounting bracket

3. turn on camera & wifi

4. mount phone to pole - using hard case/adjustable strap type mount.

5. start pre-view on the phone

6. turn on tap

7. raise pole to guttering and flush the gutters & downspouts through.

To turn the water off/on whilst working I simply kink the hose

Using this method is great with the camera attached as you can see what you are doing without the need to use ladders. Same goes if you prefer/need to use a pressure washer telescopic lance to flush through afterwards instead.

Youngsters today have no patients /emoticons/biggrin.png

The delay does my head in big time with live viewing and taking photos , I can extend my slx 35 to the gutter wait another second then it starts after I have got to the top of the gutter is anyone else's like this?

Seriously the system is not perfect by any means but does me just fine for what I want to use it for.

No probs @awcs as it took me a while to figure out the best way to set up and use it for different tasks so thought the info might come in handy for others.

Wow! I thought you were much younger than that you old codger you /emoticons/biggrin.png

I wish I was young smurf I'm 52 next year mate

Depends if you are on the naughty or nice list I suppose /emoticons/biggrin.png

I so hope my missus buys me one for Xmas especially now the hero 3 is cheaper now the 4 is out /emoticons/smile.png

Wow! I thought you were much younger than that you old codger you /emoticons/biggrin.png
I'm 30 really smurf [emoji38][emoji38][emoji106]

Some more pics to show why I use that camera on a quote.

View attachment 3097

View attachment 3098

View attachment 3099

View attachment 3100

Took 10 mins to do a full gutter survey on all 4 sides of that property including giving the customer an accurate quote for the job that was excepted. Being able to just set the camera to record and go around the all the gutters is so much easier than messing around with ladders. Not only that I have a permanent record to view at my own leisure pics can be created from the vid too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back