Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter clearing job cancelled

WCF

Help Support WCF:

as i have learnt at my expense its very easy to drop a bo....

especially not seeing gutter guards which are fitted and have to be refitted,

and one weed went right under the bloomin roof tiles and a lot of downspouts dont come undone so easy....

me smurfin and if they say anything ....its the cost of the insurance these days..../emoticons/biggrin.png

yep lets see them go up and do it....loads around here need doing .

..cant believe people just leave the gutters till they are full..i would say they should be cleaned annually....except one i used to do twice a year ....i think it was larch needles ....it was bloomin bad ...

I had a chap phone me to cancel as he found someone to clear his guttering cheaper.
Guess from where he said?
one of the things I found in business is that if you don't make a reasonable profit, how can you afford to train new people and grow your business. this guy will fall by the wayside of progress, Smurf don't worry on the bigger picture if that makes sense.

I get really easy one to do but they are very rare as like you say ppl don't think about getting the guttering checked and clearing once every year. Mind you after saying that I do get quite a few regulars now wanting them doing every year or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would never take on jobs now just by competing on price alone as there is plenty of profitable business to be had :thumbsup:

one of the things I found in business is that if you don't make a reasonable profit, how can you afford to train new people and grow your business. this guy will fall by the wayside of progress, Smurf don't worry on the bigger picture if that makes sense.

I would never take on jobs now just by competing on price alone as there is plenty of profitable business to be had :thumbsup:
Hello Smurf my other company is spacevac, what we are finding is big companies are buying the kit themselves, but there are so many opportunities for everybody out there.

Funny you should mention that as after the local council H&S officer seen me working came over for a chat. Next thing I knew that were using them instead of ladders. What I did not tell him how rubbish they are but i'm sure they quickly found that one out /emoticons/biggrin.png

Hello Smurf my other company is spacevac, what we are finding is big companies are buying the kit themselves, but there are so many opportunities for everybody out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
With respect all your vids on your site show easy cleans without dealing with badly blocked downspouts & gutters with sods etc and with easy access getting the tools into the gap between tiles. In the real world of gutter clearing it is very rare for me to do easy cleans like you portray.

I was probably one of the first in the UK to start using guttervacs so I do know there limitations but they are never disclosed by suppliers... I wonder why?:rolleyes:

Not having a dig at you personally @cromwellian but does get me annoyed to think ppl can spend a lot of money on a guttervac then find out afterwards they still need to use ladders or other access equipment on some jobs to get the job done properly.

Rant over /emoticons/biggrin.png

With respect all your vids on your site show easy cleans without dealing with badly blocked downspouts & gutters with sods etc and with easy access getting the tools into the gap between tiles. In the real world of gutter clearing it is very rare for me to do easy cleans like you portray.
True

Latest Posts

Back