Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What is this inside some gutters?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

eddyl3000

What is this that can be found inside some gutters? Also what do you do when your using a gutter vac and find that your sucking up this felt stuff,

I find the dirt and moss gets stuck to it so it makes it really difficult to clear the gutters to the standard I'd want too

Be interesting to know what others do and if you've got any advice as I'm pretty new to gutter clearing

Thank you ?

Attachments

• IMG_20231017_090829.jpg
    IMG_20231017_090829.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 27
What is this that can be found inside some gutters? Also what do you do when your using a gutter vac and find that your sucking up this felt stuff,

I find the dirt and moss gets stuck to it so it makes it really difficult to clear the gutters to the standard I'd want too

Be interesting to know what others do and if you've got any advice as I'm pretty new to gutter clearing

Thank you ?
Looks like membrane that’s used instead of felt , we get it now and again in the gutters it’s just not been cut back when the roof was done we generally leave it in the gutters and just vac the dirt off it , if it’s loose bits then it’s removed.

Looks like membrane that’s used instead of felt , we get it now and again in the gutters it’s just not been cut back when the roof was done we generally leave it in the gutters and just vac the dirt off it , if it’s loose bits then it’s removed.
Thanks, I try to vac the dirt off it but seem to end up getting it sucked up the vac so it becomes like a war, some dirt comes off but not all, I also find it gets in the way making it a struggle to get underneath it to clear any dirt

Thanks, I try to vac the dirt off it but seem to end up getting it sucked up the vac so it becomes like a war, some dirt comes off but not all, I also find it gets in the way making it a struggle to get underneath it to clear any dirt
What vac have you got ? To be fair it’s only so that we come across now and then

Latest Posts

Back