Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vacs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

marlowswindows

Hi all looking at getting a phanther gutter vac with 35 ft carbon poles it's coming in at £1050.

Wanting for houses and three storey block of flats.

Do the company that make the panther run black friday?

Would anybody recommend nother brand over the above and why.

Thanks

Hi all looking at getting a phanther gutter vac with 35 ft carbon poles it's coming in at £1050.

Thanks
GVS have a good reputation I would phone Julia and ask her she is always very helpful, sky vac are very good but generally much dearer but their customer service is excellent.

I would only go for a Spinaclean Industrial now that I have one. Okay they are not cheap but money making machines. I got mine with Elite Poles for £2200 on Ebay which was brand new from Spinaclean. Not sure if they still put them on Ebay now but they used to do it every month. ?

I want to be around the 1k mark if I end up making good money from it I will upgrade but I'm currently outsourcing the work so need to stop that

Thanks
I bought the GVS Panther and 36ft ali poles about 2 months ago. I do find it works well although I have nothing else to compare it too. When I was looking I noticed that the 70mm inlet on the Panther was bigger than most of the other brands as their inlets narrowed. I also bought the ali poles as they are only 4ft long which means they just fit width ways in my van (2019 Peugeot Partner) the Carbon poles are 5ft so wouldn't have fitted in my van very easily. Mine fit between the bulkhead and the tank - just. I don't have an issue with the ali poles but I wasn't sure how much work I would get so bought the ali - plus easier to fit in my van.

I also bought the Champion Atom 2200watt geny which is perfect for the Panther and means it's just so easy as I don't have to give my customer an exact time for them to be in a plug in an extension cable.

I would say within 6 weeks I had made the money back on the vac, geny and camera by just marketing it to my customers - just added a line on all my squeegee invoices saying I did gutter emptying!

I don't think I have seen GVS do a black Friday sale but it might be worth waiting a few days just in case.

One thing I would recommend is an action camera of some description and suitable mounts for it and your phone. So much easier to double check they are empty plus you then have evidence that you emptied them!

@marlowswindows I have a gutter sucker junior. It's only 1600 watts though so not quite as powerful as a panther. It was a bit less than £600 from memory (£560 I think). I only have 20 foot of poles though. It's a nice little vac and I'm pleased with it. I was the same and used to pass all gutter jobs on, but got it so I could do standard gutter clearing jobs for regular customers, and then I pass on other enquiries and bigger jobs to a guy who does big jobs only (because I have a muscle injury to my ribs, and doing big gutter clears and also doing gsf cleaning aggravates it too much). Hope you find the perfect machine for you. £1000 seems a very good budget for adding a gutter vacuum to your services ?.

I bought the GVS Panther and 36ft ali poles about 2 months ago. I do find it works well although I have nothing else to compare it too. When I was looking I noticed that the 70mm inlet on the Panther was bigger than most of the other brands as their inlets narrowed. I also bought the ali poles as they are only 4ft long which means they just fit width ways in my van (2019 Peugeot Partner) the Carbon poles are 5ft so wouldn't have fitted in my van very easily. Mine fit between the bulkhead and the tank - just. I don't have an issue with the ali poles but I wasn't sure how much work I would get so bought the ali - plus easier to fit in my van.

I also bought the Champion Atom 2200watt geny which is perfect for the Panther and means it's just so easy as I don't have to give my customer an exact time for them to be in a plug in an extension cable.

I would say within 6 weeks I had made the money back on the vac, geny and camera by just marketing it to my customers - just added a line on all my squeegee invoices saying I did gutter emptying!

I don't think I have seen GVS do a black Friday sale but it might be worth waiting a few days just in case.

One thing I would recommend is an action camera of some description and suitable mounts for it and your phone. So much easier to double check they are empty plus you then have evidence that you emptied them!
This is very good advice ☝️☝️.

I am tempted to buy a generator myself (and terrific that in 6 weeks or so you made your money back on your investment ?).

@marlowswindows I have a gutter sucker junior. It's only 1600 watts though so not quite as powerful as a panther. It was a bit less than £600 from memory (£560 I think). I only have 20 foot of poles though. It's a nice little vac and I'm pleased with it. I was the same and used to pass all gutter jobs on, but got it so I could do standard gutter clearing jobs for regular customers, and then I pass on other enquiries and bigger jobs to a guy who does big jobs only (because I have a muscle injury to my ribs, and doing big gutter clears and also doing gsf cleaning aggravates it too much). Hope you find the perfect machine for you. £1000 seems a very good budget for adding a gutter vacuum to your services ?.
Thanks mate. Love getting up ladders but 20 years 3 falls time to come away from it I want to see my kids grow up ?

Thanks all good advice there @che.
99van anybody recommend a good cheapish camera (probably no suck thing)

i will be honest i dont know where i will find the time to try and earn the top.money from it as my window round is full on bit I do have 3 or 4 good sized jobs that will make its money back after doing them SAFELY.

Thanks mate. Love getting up ladders but 20 years 3 falls time to come away from it I want to see my kids grow up ?
@marlowswindows lol it's a good move getting one. I also don't mind being up a ladder, but it's alot safer with a vacuum - and you'll get less dirt and gunk all over your clothes too. My wife used to go mad if I arrived home and looked like I'd been dunked in pig swill after a wet day clearing gutters ?

I want to be around the 1k mark if I end up making good money from it I will upgrade but I'm currently outsourcing the work so need to stop that
Vacs are like PW machines, the moment you buy one you wish you had bought a bigger one. I saved up and skipped the cheaper machines and went straight for the expensive one. But in the end it all comes down to money. Good luck

As anybody got a skyvac atom ? Any good?

Price wise coming up better with a camera
Folk usually begin with an Atom and after a year move up to their Industrial Vac. Don't worry about plugging in the Vac at the customers property because I do it all the time. If they refuse then you say you can't do the job then, never had anyone refuse because they are glad the job is getting done. As for the Atom some folk like holding on to both because Atom is good if you have to take it through the house to clear the back gutters. You can take an Industrial through the house but a bit of a headache. The Elite Poles are fantastic, strong and very light, this post reminds me I need to order a new 12m hose for my vac the 7.5m is far too short.

Folk usually begin with an Atom and after a year move up to their Industrial Vac. Don't worry about plugging in the Vac at the customers property because I do it all the time. If they refuse then you say you can't do the job then, never had anyone refuse because they are glad the job is getting done. As for the Atom some folk like holding on to both because Atom is good if you have to take it through the house to clear the back gutters. You can take an Industrial through the house but a bit of a headache. The Elite Poles are fantastic, strong and very light, this post reminds me I need to order a new 12m hose for my vac the 7.5m is far too short.
I have a friend that will lend me a generator. Happy to throw money into it eventually if the business is there and more the time. I do like the fact you can do these in the rain

I have a friend that will lend me a generator. Happy to throw money into it eventually if the business is there and more the time. I do like the fact you can do these in the rain
The money is there and its growing exponentially. The council charge £250 a home now which I only recently found out. Commercial Businesses need to have their gutters cleared out before they can buy building insurance and I believe the same will happen with domestic homes. That's the reason gutter clearing companies are springing up. The most important thing is your pricing. I'm anywhere from £50 to £150 depending how many homes are involved.

The money is there and its growing exponentially. The council charge £250 a home now which I only recently found out. Commercial Businesses need to have their gutters cleared out before they can buy building insurance and I believe the same will happen with domestic homes. That's the reason gutter clearing companies are springing up. The most important thing is your pricing. I'm anywhere from £50 to £150 depending how many homes are involved.
Would I be right in charging around £5 per meter.

In doing this I will stick to the price I know what I'm like customers of 20 years I will end up saying just give us £20. I don't want to fall down that trap.

Looking forward to it though something to mix it up.

Would I be right in charging around £5 per meter.

In doing this I will stick to the price I know what I'm like customers of 20 years I will end up saying just give us £20. I don't want to fall down that trap.

Looking forward to it though something to mix it up.
Obviously it’s up to you what you charge and area might make a bit of difference but we have a minimum price for any job , don’t forget set up and pack up times and cleaning all has to be taken into account we generally try and do a days vaccing then clean everything at the end of the day rather than doing just one job

44 tend to block more easily if you can afford/ or get the 50 they are much better
Thank you. Xline do this camera will.it be up to the job do you think with getting the right angle to see.
Think I'm going for the sky vac atom I like the look of it.

Do any of the companies selling gutters vacs do black friday? Window cleaning warehouse will probably be 20-24 percent.

Photo of camera

Screenshot_20231120_203910_Chrome.jpg

Latest Posts

Back