Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vacs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

As anybody got a skyvac atom ? Any good?

Price wise coming up better with a camera
I've got the atom, bought 3 years ago on a black Friday deal, (£465 with 35ft carbon poles + attachments) does me fine and much quicker and safer than clearing out from ladders. Never bought a camera for it, more often than not I'm cleaning the facias and soffits by hand so have a ladder set up to take a quick peek. It does struggle with the thick moss that's bedded into the gutter, but I don't come across that too much, I just use my ladders to rip the tough stuff out (where I can) I avoid using it this time of year, or when it's been raining a lot as it can clogg the hose. I've spent just as much time clearing the hose with the blow section and cleaning the tub out than I have doing an average house front and back. I always clean the vac straight away on the job as it can take 15-20 mins when bad. I only do 2-3 a month with regular customers. It earned its money back in a couple of months.
Hope this helps
Good luck

Hi all what's the trick with leaves was at a job today withevery inch covered with leaves next too loads of trees.

I found all 3 motors helped.

But was unsure on what nozzle end was best.

Got a few jams one in top one in the black hoover hose.

Wow just turned up the skill level had an industrial gutter 4 stories high thick buts of grass. I found that going in from a side suction and trying to get to the soil was the best way and then once the hoover noise changes lift and drop.

Do any of you use this tool? Any good?

I feel like all the you tube videos out there are for people trying to get free stuff from companies regarding gutter cleans but no ones really giving tips out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231130_122623_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231130_122623_Chrome.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 2
If there are big clumps in then attack these from the edge, don't try and lift them out from the middle

Wow just turned up the skill level had an industrial gutter 4 stories high thick buts of grass. I found that going in from a side suction and trying to get to the soil was the best way and then once the hoover noise changes lift and drop.

Do any of you use this tool? Any good?

I feel like all the you tube videos out there are for people trying to get free stuff from companies regarding gutter cleans but no ones really giving tips out.
If you'd read the tips for newbie gutter vaccing you'd have seen my post regarding big clumps. Never used that tool but with your new found technique is it necessary. Personally would be worried in damaging the gutters using that tool.

If you'd read the tips for newbie gutter vaccing you'd have seen my post regarding big clumps. Never used that tool but with your new found technique is it necessary. Personally would be worried in damaging the gutters using that tool.
Good to know. Mate the amount of posts have had on this is unreal hard to take it all in. I know deep down the more I do the better and quicker I will get.

Latest Posts

Back