Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vacs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

This is a smashing little thread. Lots of good advice and tips on this forum ?

This is a smashing little thread. Lots of good advice and tips on this forum ?
Totally agree, I know it can be painful for the long term.members answering the same questions over and over again, but it still beats watching eastenders on a night. I do try to search bar most things but some questions I have just aren't fully explained. But I'm very thankful for all your help. I was getting fed up of just doing windows day in day out. It's daunting learning how to do.all this and do it properly and quickly (eventually) but it stop the brain going stale and sets a new challenge

Probably causing myself problems by saying g this but apart from lower fuel consumption I've never had a problem with the new fuel
I think the main problems are over time. i.e. if you leave E10 sitting in a tank for a few months it starts to gum things up. It's also not very kind to certain types of seals but that would only become a problem over a number of years really.
As you say worse fuel consumption is also an issue that the Gov 'forgot' to mention when forcing E10 on us! Gives them a little more tax income!

I think the main problems are over time. i.e. if you leave E10 sitting in a tank for a few months it starts to gum things up. It's also not very kind to certain types of seals but that would only become a problem over a number of years really.
As you say worse fuel consumption is also an issue that the Gov 'forgot' to mention when forcing E10 on us! Gives them a little more tax income!
Inteceptor is nearly 3 years old and sits with fuel in the tank for 2 or 3 months at a time and it has always fired up on 1st pull, definitely buggered it now ?

Quick question for those with the SJ4000 action cam

Is there any way of having it in full screen mode on mobile? I've tried all settings etc but more than half the screen is obstructed by options and slightly greyed out as below. Thanks Screenshot_20231125_100542_SJCAM Zone.jpg

Thanks all for advice I've just bought a predator ?

Could anybody recommend a generator for it.

I've bought an recommend 2.5mm cable which I will use fully un reeled.

Does the generator have to be sine wave or will any one do. Looking at a 5.5kwh one
I'm sorry that our previous threads through a spanner into the works.

A cine wave inverter is mainly used where a lower voltage, say 12, 24, 36 or 48v for example, is boosted to 230v. Main applications are on yachts, canal boats, and motor homes where 12 or 24v alternators charge an equivalent power bank of batteries (battery bank). If the owners want to run 230v equipment, they need an inverter which boosts that voltage to 230v so they can run this. A pure sine wave inverter converts say 12v to 230v and smooths out the wave, so the power is compatible with all electronic equipment that household or shore power provides. These inverters need a power source available to boost. They don't generate that power source.

A cheaper inverter doesn't smooth out the wave pattern and is fine for running things such as a kettle or hot plate.

These inverters aren't new. I had a small one back in 1969 on my 6v DKW Auto Union when I fitted a new 12v car radio. This inverter boosted my 6v power source to 12v.

Inverter generators are a new product, and I have no idea what the difference is between them and a 230v generator I'm familiar with. I may delve into it one day.

That's what I thought I will go purchase a 5.5kw then expensive day ??
The reason why I haven't purchased a 5.5kw generator is that they are big and heavy. I couldn't lift a 5.5kw generator on my own, even when I was in my twenties. I don't have enough room in the van for one, either. I can't justify the cost either.

There was a tradesman I saw once who actually 'plumbed' his generator into his LWB van. He cut a hole in the floor and ran the exhaust outside.

I have always just prearranged a time and date when the homeowner is in, but most these days have an outside wall socket. I think we have 2 off the top of my head where we have to put a lead through a kitchen window. One used to put this own extension out in his plastics and newspapers caddy in his wheelie bin.

Last edited:
So 3 houses done starring to get to grips. Only thing I'm struggling with is positioning the camera. How's everyone doing it. I think I may just attach it to a spare gardiner I have and have it set up to go.

So 3 houses done starring to get to grips. Only thing I'm struggling with is positioning the camera. How's everyone doing it. I think I may just attach it to a spare gardiner I have and have it set up to go.
I just have mine almost on top of silicone bend pointing towards the tip of the nozzle. Make sure you have camera in wide mode if it has it.

I found this. It was either too jiggly/bouncy on the bracket on the silicone neck, or you get glare because of the sun. I bought the little gardiner camera attachment and put it on my SLX (it has a quick lock socket) and have a very quick look during the clear and then at the end. I use a little action camera and it's generally pretty good. I did have go of a friend's Skyvac camera and monitor and it was absolutely brilliant, but it's quite a bit more expensive than an action camera.

I found this. It was either too jiggly/bouncy on the bracket on the silicone neck, or you get glare because of the sun. I bought the little gardiner camera attachment and put it on my SLX (it has a quick lock socket) and have a very quick look during the clear and then at the end. I use a little action camera and it's generally pretty good. I did have go of a friend's Skyvac camera and monitor and it was absolutely brilliant, but it's quite a bit more expensive than an action camera.
Action cam and phone works well. The skyvac cam kits are very expensive for what they are. You could build yourself a decent system for about £100 that would knock the socks off their camera systems, but getting it in a case and robust is the challenge. You only need a little micro camera £14, a video transmitter £11, a DVR Monitor £57 then a case, a camera battery and some brackets. The camera will have decent light handling and the video transmitter can do way above the legal 25mW transmitting power - not that anyone would up the power to 300mW as that would be illegal :) You would have a very good setup with great images, recordability and great signal with the ability to avoid customers wifi as video transmitters use same frequency as wifi.

Action cam and phone works well. The skyvac cam kits are very expensive for what they are. You could build yourself a decent system for about £100 that would knock the socks off their camera systems, but getting it in a case and robust is the challenge. You only need a little micro camera £14, a video transmitter £11, a DVR Monitor £57 then a case, a camera battery and some brackets. The camera will have decent light handling and the video transmitter can do way above the legal 25mW transmitting power - not that anyone would up the power to 300mW as that would be illegal :) You would have a very good setup with great images, recordability and great signal with the ability to avoid customers wifi as video transmitters use same frequency as wifi.
Oh I didn't know this. I really liked the Skyvac camera and monitor. The little camera had adjustable lights on it and the picture was absolutely fantastic. It cost him alot of money though compared to an action camera (and he has the non-recordable version).

When I started off gutter clearing I had an multiple action camera setups and used my phone. It was hard to get all the fittings but I got it all working in the end. Sometimes the signal would drop out but what brought it to an end was the software got outdated.

The Sky Vac camera the new one just has all the fittings, and it never loses signal. Saves a lot of messing about if you want to work fast. Takes seconds to send cottage to customers if needed.

That's my plan you can sort of hear and feel it the poles that it's sucking **** down.

I can recommend a good phone holder that will.fit an slx off amazon link below.

Phone mount

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest Posts

Back