Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vacs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

A standard wall plug socket shouldn't be used to draw above 3000 watts as far as I'm aware. May have changed now. When you use a triple motor gutter vacuum, do they advise always using the motors in order, or if you only needed to use one or two motors can you use whichever motor(s) you want to? Thanks.

RCD are very good devices as not all customers have modern consumer units with them built in. So having one of your own is a very sensible idea. Remember to test it each time you use it. They normally have a test and reset buttons on them.
@ched999uk my friend is a gardener and has all petrol tools apart from a scarifier which is electric. He uses the customers electricity but always plugs into a RCD before then asking for that to be plugged in ?

A standard wall plug socket shouldn't be used to draw above 3000 watts as far as I'm aware. May have changed now. When you use a triple motor gutter vacuum, do they advise always using the motors in order, or if you only needed to use one or two motors can you use whichever motor(s) you want to? Thanks.
Did a gutter job today using a 10 year old Kiam and a very old Clarke genie and only needed 2 motors, doubt the genie would have handled 3.

Generator bought I have a concern there quite heavy How's everybody running them? From the van? Can you get a tube to point the fumes of the exhaust out of the van

Generator bought I have a concern there quite heavy How's everybody running them? From the van? Can you get a tube to point the fumes of the exhaust out of the van
Most seam to leave the doors open , just be careful don't get a build up of fumes in the front cab area as carbon monoxide is deadly , personally think it’s safer to use it out of the van

Evening all. So recieved today. Going to be honest not the easiest thing to put together didn't help the fact I was rushing to have a play before my kids party.

Going to take abit of getting used too. Power full machine did my own gutters a hell of alot of suction.

I tested the kw usage with 3 motors on it was 3487 watts. My house electrics where fine.

I must say I was shocked at how cold the carbon poles got when using it. Will need thermals on next time.

Evening all. So recieved today. Going to be honest not the easiest thing to put together didn't help the fact I was rushing to have a play before my kids party.

Going to take abit of getting used too. Power full machine did my own gutters a hell of alot of suction.

I tested the kw usage with 3 motors on it was 3487 watts. My house electrics where fine.

I must say I was shocked at how cold the carbon poles got when using it. Will need thermals on next time.
If you think they get cold you need to try the alloy ones ?????? just watch you don’t pull the gutters off the house with all that suction ???

If it's only light dirt I just run two motors. I had to run it on two motors yesterday. Got my generator out and it doesn't really get used that much. Anyway I think fuel wasn't great in it. Stalled with three motors on... After about half an hour of running the vac on 2 motors, the gen handled 3 motors. Going to remove all the fuel out of the gen this weekend, will do the same with the pressure washer...

Had
Do people with 3 motor machines power on all 3 for every job or just when the need all 3?
I only ran all 3 to see if it cut electric off any to read the kw it was using. From what I was doing 2 was enough.

Good but of kit but alot to learn. Even getting the camera positioned right is a job in itself.

Thanks for the tip on the camera from amazon its great value for money

If it's only light dirt I just run two motors. I had to run it on two motors yesterday. Got my generator out and it doesn't really get used that much. Anyway I think fuel wasn't great in it. Stalled with three motors on... After about half an hour of running the vac on 2 motors, the gen handled 3 motors. Going to remove all the fuel out of the gen this weekend, will do the same with the pressure washer...
E10 fuel doesn't store very well it blocks stuff up! If you don't use that regularly might be worth paying extra for E5 aka premium unleaded.

Latest Posts

Back