Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hard water/ render stain remover

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ocahan01

I’ve been cleaning windows for about 23 years and have come across hard water stains on the odd window but never really thought much could be done I’m about it .
These stains were usually a small portion of the bottom of the window and were always quite a rare sight.
However I went to quote and new customers today and nearly every window was completely covered in the marks. I feel to do the job right I should try to remove some of these marks.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good product that would at least reduce these marks ?

I’ve been cleaning windows for about 23 years and have come across hard water stains on the odd window but never really thought much could be done I’m about it .
These stains were usually a small portion of the bottom of the window and were always quite a rare sight.
However I went to quote and new customers today and nearly every window was completely covered in the marks. I feel to do the job right I should try to remove some of these marks.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good product that would at least reduce these marks ?
We use Viakal, easily available in most supermarkets

This is what we use One Restore which is made in the USA.
Don't know if you can get it in the UK.
Here is a video we done so to know how to use it.
Hope this helps.
Video shows how we applied One Restore on window having calcium build up from sprinklers.
DO SMALL TEST PATCH IN LOWER CORNER FIRST.
Also noted One Restore suggested use at full strength which is not necessary.
Having mix 1 part One Restore to 3 parts of water is what we use.
So One US gallon / 3.79 liter make 4 gallons / 15litres at this mix.
Also using sprayer is not an option to applie on the glass ether chemical become airborne.
First you breath in the over spray, goes on the skin, cloths etc and it this case it would go on the plants.
Rinsing the One Restore off as explained in video use old scrubber sleeve saturated with cleaning solution flood the glass then squeegee off.
Also like to keep the tools that we use separated from the other WC tools after hosing them down clean.
Above all no matter what chemicals you are using, you should always exercise caution and wear appropriate clothing accompanied by goggles and gloves etc.
Protecting yourself from all chemicals should always be #1.

This is what we use One Restore which is made in the USA.
Don't know if you can get it in the UK.
Here is a video we done so to know how to use it.
Hope this helps.
Video shows how we applied One Restore on window having calcium build up from sprinklers.
DO SMALL TEST PATCH IN LOWER CORNER FIRST.
Also noted One Restore suggested use at full strength which is not necessary.
Having mix 1 part One Restore to 3 parts of water is what we use.
So One US gallon / 3.79 liter make 4 gallons / 15litres at this mix.
Also using sprayer is not an option to applie on the glass ether chemical become airborne.
First you breath in the over spray, goes on the skin, cloths etc and it this case it would go on the plants.
Rinsing the One Restore off as explained in video use old scrubber sleeve saturated with cleaning solution flood the glass then squeegee off.
Also like to keep the tools that we use separated from the other WC tools after hosing them down clean.
Above all no matter what chemicals you are using, you should always exercise caution and wear appropriate clothing accompanied by goggles and gloves etc.
Protecting yourself from all chemicals should always be #1.

I tried to obtain some of this a few years ago as it looked the business but they wouldn’t ship to the uk and refunded my payment. Not sure if the rules have changed yet but the best product I’ve found to date is I get rub out for hard water stains.

Off cause you could try Crystal Clear 550 think you can get that in UK. ?
Although it should be handled with extreme care when using.

Latest Posts

Back