Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hardly any pure water production all of a sudden!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tlcwindowcleaning

Hi guys, wondered if you could help! 

Past two weeks the pure water production from my Phoenix 350 RO/DI system has been slowing down to an almost stop now. 

I have changed all pre filters/resin and membrane recently, water pressure is as high as it was previously (used to make 350l in about 3 hours). 

Any ideas what this could be, it’s 40/21 membrane if that helps, seems like hardly any pressure is going through the system as the waste water is trickling out slowly, but the pressure seems high like normal when connecting it up from the outside tap. 

Thanks in advance! 

First thing to do is disconnect the filters from the R/O and see if you are getting a good water flow. This will eliminate any blockage going into the membrane.

What is the membrane you purchased and from where?

Hi there, 

So I’ve been wfp window cleaning for a while but am still a novice when it comes to these kinds of things, so not sure how to disconnect the filters from the membrane. 

Membrane was purchased from window cleaning warehouse, just their standard 4021 model. 

I’ll attach a photo of my system if that helps. 

Also so there seems to be a lot of bubbles I can see around the prefilters as I have clear pre filter housings, I don’t know if that’s related. Have had it on all night and not one drop of water has been produced. 

image.jpg

The hose on the left going into the membrane housing pull that out and see if water is coming from the pre-filters. Should come out fast.

Yep flying out, I called WCW and they think it’s the float valve, I lifted it up slightly and it started producing a bit more albeit very slowly, it flys out going into the float valve and comes out a lot slower the other side of it, so might be related to that! 

Latest Posts

Back