Has anyone used these guys???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Hinty, Jan 21, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

http://www.paymywindowcleaner.com/default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Looks like a good idea - not sure about charges though.

Advertisement
  2. James

James Guru

I guess they're pretty much like PayPal right? They set up direct debits for customers to automatically pay you & probs take a nice charge for themselves?

I have never seen them before, can anyone enlighten this?

James.

3. tom cronin

tom cronin Guest

I looked at this, does look good to be fair, it's 12£ a month, they give u a four digit code and u simply give this to ur customers so they can pay online. It'll only be good if the customers bother to use it !!

4. donrov

donrov Guest

I have Paypal on my site.It only gets used for a few customers that I can never catch at home.You only pay when it's used and it's a trusted brand that most will recognise.If though you had dozens of customers a week paying online it would be worth looking into at £12 a month.Would customers trust their details with this brand though?

5. laddergarder

Yeah I can see why they are not upfront about there prices, I use paypal to handle online payments through my website and there charges come out at around 54p for a £10 payment. I look at like I would pay this in petrol, driving back out to the customer to try and collect again, it is roughly the charge I pay for cheques and it doesn't waste any of my time.

If nobody pays online one month then I dont have to pay any paypal charges. I would have to take over £220 in online payments each month for this method to be cheaper than paypal, and it is just not used that often. We do evening collections, so get around 98% of people in anyway, this really is only to catch the ones that fall through the net.

Plus I wouldn't want a large number of my customers paying online, I make more money if they pay me in cash. If all my customers paid online, I would really have to rethink my pricing structure, to account for a percent of my pie going to using this type of service.

6. James

James Guru

In that case, it does sound like a good service, but I think I'll just stick to people paying with PayPal. Can't really beat that method tbh.

James.

7. I know the guys that set this up...and I don't use it, can't see the benefit for £12 a month personally.

8. James

James Guru

It's kinda a shame tbh. It's a really good idea, just shame about the pricing strategy.

James.

Advertisement