having a knife at work

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, Jul 31, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

dyou carry one/ ? iv a Norwegian penknife , i once used the main blade it to drill a small hole in the middle of a liquidator channel -nearly cut a deep slice from finger when it slipped !
    fortunately blade isnt very sharp

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

I carry a multi tool in the van, always comes in handy !

3. Gotta keep a Stanley in case I need to cut a hose or somesuch.

4. TolishAPurd

I probably own about 20 different utility knives, I think about 8 live in the van. If you ever want to buy a new knife just ask and I'll review a few for you.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Think a knife could be debated as needed for our jobs? I have a really nice sharp knife but its over the 3" allowed AND it locks so always nervous about taking it out the house.

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have 1 in my car..about 6 inches long fixed blade that i had down the allotment
    I keep it in a box with all my screwdrivers etc and spare channels and such like
    I don't see how i could get in trouble for it as would only use it in the boot of the car if needed to cut hose etc and it isn't readily available to grab as a weapon would be
    The mini baseball bat / cosh under my seat would be a different matter but i take no chances early in the morning lol

7. MrBump

MrBump Guest

#7 MrBump, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2015
    Leatherman wave usually, used to be in my pocket 24/7 but lately not so much. You'd be surprised how much it gets used, at least once a day, not just the knife, but pliers, wire strippers, scissors, screwdrivers (interchangable bits)... I couldn't live without it and if I ever lost it I would buy another straight away. It won't ever break, used it daily for 6/7 years and not a scratch on it. And against logic the knife is still razor sharp and I've never sharpened it. Totally recommended! :thumbsup:

8. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I have a small leatherman on my keyring that is a small plier, knife etc, and as you MrBump I use it pretty much every day for something.

9. MrBump

MrBump Guest

It makes you wonder how we could of possibly survived before without one Diwrnach doesn't it! :D

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

My plumber buddy has his Leatherman on his belt 24/7.

Leatherman also has a lifetime guarantee, my mate has knackered his twice now, sent it in to Leatherman and they have sent a free of charge replacement every time.

Advertisement