Having a moment of panic

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by kars, Mar 22, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. kars

kars Guest

Hey guys. like i said somewhere else we now have 3 boys working for us. Which means i can now go out canvasing started with leaflets 2 days ago and will follow up next week with a knock at the door etc. My problem is if i dont build up enough new custies then there is not enough work for four of us. if i do get enough newbies and some of the boys go else where im not going to beable to live up to the new commitments!!!
    just having a panic moment as it was really hard putting together a crew that i trusted, they all seem to be on board and no what i want but you never no?
    Anyone else experienced this? At the moment the round takes 6 wks but can take 8wks depending on staff/weather etc and all customers know this so if i can build up another few hundred housed i recon we would have enough work for the four of us
    For those who dont know me our round is made up of little villages and rural properties with approx 700 properties at the moment. I took the business over last june after the previous owner had ran it into the ground. its taken me all this time to sort out the pricing and educating the customers. :-/

Advertisement
  2. James

James Guru

You have been working hard pal! Personally I would start small then work myself up the scale. You however have done it the other way round lol. I wouldn't know where to start structuring that, but you have 700 custys already? That's enough work for two? What are your other 2 staff going to do?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hkzfbo

3. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

why are you employing 3 other lads if you dont not have the work, get rid of them

i am assuming that when you took the business over the lads came with it, if not get rid and keep the best one, 700 is only 4 weeks work for 2 men,

4. James

James Guru

I think the problem is that he's put together a well trusted team and he's worried about not getting the work especially when he's worked hard to put it all together.

Unfortunately I think the work is most important firstly. Then you should look into putting a team together :/

5. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

true, but why put a team together if you aint got the work, to many in this business start think thye can get big and employ, dont get work then go skint,

6. James

James Guru

Kars bought the business when it was big though. He wants to make it a tad bit bigger and use the trusted staff he has to make a fully functioning business.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?brngc0

7. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

if thats the case, when they got no work get them out leafleting and then he goes knocking at ***ht, this is whati woudl do, or since it is april in a week, get all 4 of them out leafletsing and knocking the whole two weeks

8. James

James Guru

Yep, that's exactly what I would do too tbh.

9. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

see james, great minds thing a like

this was my plan, get some one decent and then spend my time knocking, but it is hard to find some one you dont want to punch lol

10. James

James Guru

Haha I wouldn't recommend punching anyone :D

But if I was desperate not to fail I'd definitely get all the staff out there canvassing or leaflet dropping for potential work. Get mapping off different areas and keep going at it

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?swf2o4

Advertisement