Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What can you claim for under business expenses

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I previously rated Addidas Kandia but not anymore this year I opted to try Columbia Trailstorm which are waterproof due to an outer coating I bought my first pair in early May and comfort wise great, but the sole did start to wear so I opted for another pair as I really liked them I am still able to wear them for work now even though the sole has worn down a quite a bit,

I will most likely opt for Addidas Terrex in the future as I had a pair of the boots previously and the continental branded sole outlasts any others I've had

I had terrex but I still use the ladder for some of my work and the sole doesn't grip the ladder enough if the soles wet. I bought sketcher waterproof boots last week when buying stuff to wear over the winter. I've not had them on yet but there meant to be comfy.

I had terrex but I still use the ladder for some of my work and the sole doesn't grip the ladder enough if the soles wet. I bought sketcher waterproof boots last week when buying stuff to wear over the winter. I've not had them on yet but there meant to be comfy.
I think Sketchers gave me plantar fasciitis (pain on the bottom of your foot, around your heel and arch). My feet where fine till I started wearing Sketchers in the summer then over about 2 months when I finished at the end of each day my heel would be painful to walk on. It's weird that I could work most of the day before getting any pain, it's not so bad I couldn't work through it but annoying pain. Then I get home sit down and the pain goes away, put weight on it then it hurts for a few mins then eases off, quite bad first thing in the morning. I tried special insoles and a circulation booster nothing helped!

Anyway I stopped wearing the Sketchers and went back to my NO RISK ARMSTRONG SAFETY BOOTS and it's gradually getting better.

So if you start getting pain under your heel stop using Sketchers and see if that helps.

I don't use ladders more than 3 times a month, I bought some Skecher hiking boots last winter allegedly waterproof they leaked like a sieve on the first rainy day

All a regional tax office has to do is look at let's say one window cleaner sole trader and compare it with another one if they aren't turning over a similar amount then something is wrong and at least warrants a little look into.

This can't be happening otherwise in the working class world people wouldn't come consider tax dodging acceptable.

One of my customers who knows me quite well said to me I'm the only business man he knows who doesn't like cash and puts everything through my books the others he says prefer cash and will openly say I don't want the tax man taking too much money off me, these people no doubt wouldn't walk into a shop a steal something because it's illegal and totally unacceptable to them but tax dodging is acceptable to them even though it's illegal
I write out an invoice for every customer who pays cash , and add paid in cash thankyou.
Even if customer doesn't want their copy , I keep mine for the tax man.

I write out an invoice for every customer who pays cash , and add paid in cash thankyou.

Your more honest than me, when I was cash I'd have set them on fire. 99.9 % of people who are sole traders or run small buisneses will have done something that they shouldn't have which in turn meant they paid less tax at some point over the years. I don't pay more tax now than I paid say 6 years ago because I think it's the right thing to do. I pay more now because they can prove what earnings I made.

A bit o.t.t in my view I never have in 23 years given a receipt for cash payments it's just not needed when you think of market stall holders and small independent shops in years gone by they never gave receipts or logged cash sales, I use an app https://www.cleanerplanner.com so all my transactions are digitally recorded whether that be cash, bacs, or direct debit as long as you have a record of where the cash is coming from I don't think a written receipt is needed at all.

Latest Posts

Back