Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello - new member alert!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Depends, sometimes pitch the ladder above the window, or beside it if it's a narrow window, or walk on the roof, or pitch it off the side of window at an angle... or do it with the trad pole off the ladder...

Can't get the angle with a ladder!
This is why WFPs are a neccessity for window cleaners. Trying to do it all through traditional methods will mean not accepting certain jobs and missing windows like the one mentioned above the conny. A lot of die hard tradders who refuse to move with the times have certain windows on their jobs that they never do for access and safety reasons. If you ever take on a new custy and see one window dirt ridden over say a conny, whilst the rest are reletively clean, then you know they use to have a die hard trad windy in the past.

If you try to clean said windows using say a telescopic pole traditional style, it wont be as good as a WFP doing the job. WFPs can clean frame, glass and sills.

If you can muster the money together, then buy a WFP and DI filter. Unger do one that you can take on jobs with you and connect to the outside tap. Having this means you can clean hard to reach windows safely and effectively with pure.

nLite HydroPower� 6L

That kit plus a pole wont set you back too much

Hello again everyone and thanks again for your great advice so far. Thought I'd just update quickly to say that I've managed to canvass a round of about 35 customers so far in the local area and made a good start with them.

Obviously with everything being first cleans, I'm dealing with some pretty filthy windows and frames including green mould, moss and all sorts of growth on the UPVC, not to mention the glass. So its taking me a bit of time to get through the work, but I know it'll be easier next month.

I'm finding though that I'm having to do a fair amount of detailing with the scrim, so think maybe there's something wrong with my squeegee technique - maybe pressure or angle - not sure really, but working on it. Also getting the occasional streak too. I'm using the unger soft rubber on an ergotec handle, so that should serve me well I'd have thought.

I've got hold of the Harris pole from B&Q too for £15 that's a life saver for the tricky to reach stuff, but again I'm having to detail with a cloth over the squeegee which takes time on the pole too.

But all in all making reasonably good progress for the first 2 weeks in the job!

Thanks again guys /emoticons/smile.png

Back