Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Formaldehyde/ Formalin for killing moss on roofs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

windowsurfer

While I was checking gutters on customers house, next door neighbour spoke to me about spraying formaldehyde on roof to kill moss, he used to be a farmer and used it as a disinfectant. When he moved  the house he sprayed the roof with it and it killed the moss and still looking good, said its good for killing weeds as well.   The gardener had sprayed my customers roof with it, sounds like the old guy had told the gardener about it.  The old guy said that a guy came knocking at his door one day and asked if he needed his roof cleaned, the old guy showed the man his roof, the man asked what he used and he went off to buy it.  Said you buy it for about £25 for 25 litres and use a 4:1 ratio.

Dont quote me on this, but seems quite interesting, I see Aims cleaning sells it.  Its used to preserve body parts as well seemingly :1f632:  

Not sure, but another customer of mine had said their roof had been done by someone, was a bit suspicious about it, but certainly sounds as if its getting used for this purpose.
Havent tesearched it much, but wjat ive read so far. Sounds like you need the chemical war suit on.
The old guy said he was trying to empty a barrel of it n done the old thing of sucking the tube thing n mouth was on fire, so not reccomended, but maybe it preserved his insides:))

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back