Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help finishing diy set up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yeah mate

I think his leaks were coming from the barb at the pump @spruce.

do you reckon doing that would reduce the pressure loss to my RO?

I put this up as I'm pretty sure that the hose reel at the back with the yellow hose looks as though it has no hose connected to it.

I hose reel that has been uncoupled seems to drip forever. We initially found our biggest problem of water dripping into the van was from the hose reel.

I got the blue hose from Pure Freedom, it's good solid hose but not as flexible like the Claber green stripe from Gardiners. I've actually got six meters of Claber hose in my basket but just waiting to see if there's anything else I need to add in.

There's ptfe on all connections but they were hand tight as I'm sure they're meant to be. Seems to be ok for now but will increase the length on the nearest pump (workers pump) to avoid strain on the elbow and I've still to fix it down. 

We found that tighting those wingnuts that Shurflo sell for their pump finger tight wasn't enough. We put a small spanner onto them just to nip them up fractionally more.

The fitting has a conical cone and seat so it will seal without any PTFE tape. It just needs to be nipped up like you have done.

Well the leak wasn't from the thread but from the conical seat that you mentioned, I had actually reduced the ptfe from around two (ish) raps to just a single as it wasn't connecting right. They give you the option to position the barb but I just don't like them.

Back