Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Electronic advertising

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chris33

Hi,just starting out and apart from the usual canvassing methods I'm looking at generating interest using online mediums;

My question is what are the best specific online sources of advertising and is there anyway to use social media to target audiences local to myself?

Thanks, Chris

Hello Chris, welcome.

You can do all the FB selling group etc, even twitter but until you have a good following on these your coverage is not so huge.

I have found the best 'electronic' method is to have a well built web site that is properly done behind the scenes to move you up the google rankings.

@Gav, the owner of this forum does web sites and overhauled mine a couple of weeks back and since then I have an average of 1 new customer every day since he tweaked it.

I suggest a chat with him.

Good luck

That sounds a great idea thank you,

I'd be keen to go ahead with something like that,will link onto the fliers and create a more professionally set up image too I'd imagine.

I wasn't sure if fb etc had location based things that would help me add local people, or if it's possible to buy local email lists etc

Chris

With facebook you really have the choice of joining all your local buy and sell goups and posting in them regularly for free

Or paying for ads where you can specify location and age to target.

People have varying success with either so best thing to do is try both and tweak your ads and see what works for you.

Google adwords is another option whilst you get your website to rank

word of warning if posting in groups go steady, ive just got banned again from groups for hitting about 50 at once earlier today, its considered spam by facebook, so maybe 20 groups a few times a day would be better.

I do a lot off Facebook but you do get a LOT of time wasters from the buy and sell groups in my experience, IE people wanting something for nothing, they ask, you give a price or arrange a visit and they either flake when it comes to talking money or balk at the fact you wont do the job for cost, its good for the ones you get (which is a lot) but be prepared for more than a few false positives from there. my best results have come from boosting photo albums or status updates regarding jobs/work activity, it does have a cost (i generally put a fiver boost on good posts) but it tends to seperate the dregs off the sale pages and reach a more targeted audience

That sounds ideal Ben,I'd been reading about fb business promotion last night actually. Seems the case that you can select the area of country you wish posts to target as well?

Was going to be making my page up later today. Any advice welcome. Thanks guys.

Hi @Chris33, Facebook let's you get very specific when it comes to targeting potential customers.

You could build an advert linking back to your site, target by location and track how the ad performs? You'll also want to make sure your FB page is fully set up, so that it can perform well on Facebook Services (check out our thread on it here) /emoticons/smile.png

Back