Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi-mod worth it?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Interesting, I've shut a few... Might try and avoid in the future!
I've shut them for 3 years before that happened, also did fascia and soffit cleans with it, conservatory roofs so it has taken quite a lot. I don't think I'll be shutting them from now on though, if it doesn't shut with a very gentle push then I'm just avoiding it. I'm going to start mentioning it when I quote new houses that the windows have to be shut to be guaranteed to be cleaned, I'll even put it in the quote.

I think another thing to watch for is how tight you tighten the clamps. I have a feeling that if you over tighten them it puts unnecessary stress on the bit where the clamp is, like crushes it.

I've shut them for 3 years before that happened, also did fascia and soffit cleans with it, conservatory roofs so it has taken quite a lot. I don't think I'll be shutting them from now on though, if it doesn't shut with a very gentle push then I'm just avoiding it. I'm going to start mentioning it when I quote new houses that the windows have to be shut to be guaranteed to be cleaned, I'll even put it in the quote.

I think another thing to watch for is how tight you tighten the clamps. I have a feeling that if you over tighten them it puts unnecessary stress on the bit where the clamp is, like crushes it.
Oh and the replacement isn't what bothers me, so long as they have it in stock it's order by 15:00 and it's there the next day. Think I've even ordered after 16:00 on a Friday and it's there Saturday morning even though I wasn't in a rush (no special request for fast delivery).

I got a 3 year old extreme 22. Cleaned it once when I first got it. Theyre not as fragile as what people say. Its still going strong. And thats 3 years with a 45cm brush on the end of it..

Last edited:
Personally, I think the xtremes can be too fragile just depends on how much work you get through I do well over 400 jobs on a 4 weekly basis I think a section snapped after 14 months I might have cleaned it once or twice and didn't respray with PTFE as I should have, been a greedy northerner I wasn't forking out for a new xtreme section so I just bought a complete SLX-22 and swapped some sections out I've got used to the extra bit of weight and it's actually benefited me on days where I need to use a bigger pole I don't feel the strain as much as I used to.

I not tried any other Pole tbh i use Ova8 35 had it for over 2 year now been ok only issues is clamp coming off the shaft collar used electrical tape and stopped it happening and splitting ends which i feel is down to continuous movemment up and down especially sections 1,2,3 a little on 4 think grit and muck wears it inside from hose but i just cut it back still getting a good reach at best sections are like £80+ a pop, the neck coming out section one gradually i cleaned it all and used some silicone lubricating spray on the sections too its holding out fairly well but i will probably look at different pole in future but been happy Ova 8 performance

Back