Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi. New User Here

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ChrisHi

Hello everyone, my name is Chris and I live in Sunny South Yorks. Having just retired from the proper job at 60, my good lady suggested I get a hobby. So as I could not find a local window cleaner for love nor money, and one who was not going to stand on my tiles to clean the upstairs window, I bought a cheapo WFP kit through eBay. Works like a dream. Then the neighbours appear - will you do mine? My Son wants his doing  ... it just goes on. I am only doing one a week for relatives and friends really, so hopefully I'm not going to put anyone out of business.

It's good to hear what you pros talk about, as there are obviously some tricky areas. Which leaves me to a couple of questions. I have white pvc guttering like many other folk, and I have given it a scrub with my pole and some of the Screwfix degreaser. It all seems to work fine the green manky stuff disappears. However, there are some dark stripes left, like zebra stripes. Is there something special, other than elbow grease to get rid of those?

Also, is there a brush that will clean under the guttering, and behind it where it meets the fascia please?

Any help or advice on this will be greatly received.

Thanks

The tiger stripes on the guttering are very hard to remove. Not sure of how to get rid from the ground. Even up close they can be difficult- I've tried uPVC solvent cleaners and they don't work on it. I think unger rub out is the best thing to try on them, but again it has to be applied by hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
We personally use a telescopic lance on our pressure washer to get up and behind the guttering. Prior to the lance we brush the gutter and fascia, then flip the brush to get the bristles as far up as possible.
emoji106.png

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thanks for that. I feel sure I have seen a video of someone cleaning with a brush that looks like one of those toilet brushes that will go down the pan and round the rim. Maybe that was what it was.

Looks like I am stuck with the tiger stripes then

As Scots lad said, an ultimate flock sill brush from Gardiners is the one I got which @Scots lad recommended and it works a treat. Only thing is, you will now need to buy a Gardiner backpack to spray the degreaser on to fsg. You will begin to find that all you seem to do is buy each week until you have all the gear. There's more to cleaning than just doing windows one quickly finds out. :1f602:

Back