Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tiger stripes on gutter and facias advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hey @Pjj bought and tried the oxi-wash on your recommendation.

The gutters were bad in places but the staining was light after the first go with just pure, some tiger stripes here and there. I then applied the oxi-wash via back pack and spray nozzle, giving it a bit of time to work it’s magic after agitation.  Rinsed everything and the results were great, no stains, and the white was exceptionally white, like new actually. 

Still a work in progress as to the volume on bad stain it can remove, but so far so good.

So many thanks for the advice ?

B3CEE012-77CC-4F50-8D42-F59152AF996E.jpeg

E311F31E-85EA-489E-83D1-852C05C3C35C.jpeg

66C4CBAF-6C84-4DB7-A4CB-6141F16F0F72.jpeg

8D65F890-0F1F-4162-A84B-6A928FF5651F.jpeg

6EFE6A5F-5541-4349-BCEF-1418FBCC1168.jpeg

B122AC50-D3FB-45F2-95F4-8070FA3EE9C6.jpeg

Hey @Pjj bought and tried the oxi-wash on your recommendation.

The gutters were bad in places but the staining was light after the first go with just pure, some tiger stripes here and there. I then applied the oxi-wash via back pack and spray nozzle, giving it a bit of time to work it’s magic after agitation.  Rinsed everything and the results were great, no stains, and the white was exceptionally white, like new actually. 

Still a work in progress as to the volume on bad stain it can remove, but so far so good.

So many thanks for the advice ?

View attachment 19265

View attachment 19266

View attachment 19267

View attachment 19268

View attachment 19269

View attachment 19270
There you go I said it was good stuff ???

PJJ once you have mixed up the solution, say you don't use it all on a job does it store well in a sealed bottle to be used at a later date?

To be honest I don’t know , we always use what we mix up , I have got used to guessing the amount we will need and just mix enough for the job , we generally keep a virisol mix in the backpack clean the job using that then any stubborn bits just apply the oxi  wash to those areas you could do the whole lot with it but it would work out expensive so we only use it where Virosol doesn’t remove the marks , if you have a hand pump up sprayer like an iq9 you can just mix one ltr of solution and spray it on this uses minimal product .

If they are metal gutters it will be a PITA -- if plastic however -- Apply ubix and give a decent scrub, then put a couple of dollops of Unger Rub Out direct to the brush and work it in -- this works so fast it isn't even funny. 

Back