home improvement show

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by peter rogers, Mar 10, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

hi all has anyone thought of doing a homeimprovement event..

i see one comin up at end of summer and looking any tips or hear from anyone who has done one ... got much work out of it

would be advertising for powerwashing
    upvc cleaning
    conservatory cleaning
    new build cleans

its just an idea been thinkin of what do you all think

Advertisement
  2. Simply Business

Simply Business Well-Known Member
    Supplier

Hi peter rogers,

I guess it depends what exactly you're looking to get out of it, and how much it's costing you?

We attend a number of small business events/fairs, with the intention of increasing awareness of our brand and getting genuine feedback from small business owners (so for us it's not really about sales on the day). :)

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

The big shows are inherently expensive to attend as a supplier and some you could pay thousands for a stand. Not something I would consider myself unless I was selling products or not just local cleaning services.

4. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

before i look itd have to be reasonable as would be selling pressure washing gutter cleaning upvc cleaning

i would have to have blown up pics etc to get peoples attention but would be more to meet greet people and give out cards and possiblity of getting names and addresses for giving quotes

does anyone have a good guide to pressure washing per meter as i just go by my eye and my mood :p

5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I like pricing by mood, Pete, try asking me on an off day! :p

Back in 2008 we did the home improvement show in Jersey where I lived and operated at thee time.

We had a 'booth' think was about 8ft x 8ft. we went with blown up images on long canvass all were 50/50 pics or full before and after but also got a couple of 'local hotties' in tight jeans and t-shirts a size too small (remember to put your company name on the t-shirt) the girls just walked around the event all day handing out flyers.

We had an hourly competition where we would pull one inquiry card from the goldfish bowl and the winner would get a free hours worth of gutter cleaning also on the half hour the other goldfish bowl winner would get a free hour of conservatory valeting.

The good thing about the bowls is you knew every single lead in there was looking to have work done, not just wishy washy inquiries.

I know some of the big shows are many thousands here on the mainland but that one cost us £450 for 2 days and was possibly the best money we had spent on getting customers for such little effort.

You have to understand though I am all about the advertising I will usually blow £100 -£200 on advertising in a month it does really pay off when done right.

Advertisement