Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Homemade pole idea....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I only use my clx4 for cleaning my van and car...IMO they are too short for anything else...a clx 10 would be a better option for bungalows but even then I dont see the point when a 25ft Gardiner pole has such a short closed length....

I did make a short wfp years ago out of an unger option trad pole but i prefer the clx 4 for cleaning my vehicles.....
What brush do you use when cleaning your vehicles please?

My van and car are black, which is the worst for showing swirls in the paintwork.

Just sick of cleaning my van using double buckets, pressure washer etc

My van and car are black, which is the worst for showing swirls in the paintwork.

I use an xline flocked mate.i have a brand new black golf GTD at the moment and you cant get away from swirl marks but I'm not bothered as I give them back after 3 years as their leased..my van is white so you cant see them....

They easily buff out with the right gear apparently but I never bother....

This is one i made, literally just a decorators pole with a bit of pole hose, a ballstopper to stop hose dissapearing up pole, a gooseneck nomore nailed into the end.

Ive got 1 day where i do 21 bungalows and 1 house, i use this on all the bungalows.

20210405_082544.jpg

Has anyone made their own short pole? 

I was thinking of getting a Clx 4 for ground level work and tight spaces but they are out of stock atm. I'm now thinking of making my own. I know you can get carbon fibre 1 metre poles on ebay. Just curious to see if anyone has ever done this and if so maybe they can post some pics of their work?

Or maybe someone has one to sell?? 

Cheers 
If you want a short yet robust pole I personally use an Unger Nlite One section for all ground level work

Yes it's glass fibre yet it's strong and served me well for 5 years 

Honestly mate, I take mine to the local Polish car wash for £20 - Gun metal Gray on the Van and silver on the Landrover and no swirl mark issues. 

Just a suggestion since you have black vechicals I would polish out the swirls and then start using a  spray foamer attached to your pressure washer from now on then no need to mess up the paint.

"Spray foamer for auto detailing" search on web should get you what you need, they work great. 

Just a suggestion since you have black vechicals I would polish out the swirls and then start using a  spray foamer attached to your pressure washer from now on then no need to mess up the paint.

"Spray foamer for auto detailing" search on web should get you what you need, they work great. 
Have a spray foam gun thanks ?

They easily buff out with the right gear apparently but I never bother....
Yup swirls, minor scratches are easily taken care of with the products and time...

20+ years owning Auto detailing company.

If anyone has questions feel free to PM...

Back