Horrible Thread Titles and using 'Search'

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Masons, Apr 4, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Masons

Masons Guru

Someone tell me if I am wrong, but
    C'mon people, we all know you can do better...

When writing thread ***les please put more detail as to what they are, as to be very honest threads ***led like such:

- Di vessel
    - Ladder?
    - solar panels
    - Interesting
    - Rubber

etc, do not help me choose where to read and help people or converse.
    I use the search function for a number of my queries, as I know it will bring up answers to questions rather than me having to ask a question someone else has already used a lot of time answering.
    But many of the ***les do not explain what aspect of the subject they want to discuss, and thus I get frustrated reading the same questions and hearing the same answers.
    Now, I know some of you say well that means soon there will be less to talk about, I disagree, over the last 10 years how I work and how I deal with problems changes as we all continually learn.
    But please, use the search tool and if you don't find the answer you are looking for post another thread or maybe add another comment to an old thread maybe?

Just a thought. :D

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

Well said pal make them more appealing to members and guests alike, I must admit I do it but I won't anymore :D

3. Masons

Masons Guru

I wasn't picking on certain people by the way, but those thread names jumped out at me as they were very basic, and offered only subject matter, not explanation of field.

4. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I see what you mean,
    'ladder?' could be about looking after tights
    'rubber'.....hmm, not sure about that one!

5. Sorry about that i just wrote a thread Tank before i read your thread

6. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Could be needing some of them in the falklands again soon.

7. Masons

Masons Guru

Well done badbusdriver, you're right. Ladders really isn't a broad term, and is very specific.
    Please accept my sincere apologies and please, tell me how I can make up for this huge error...?

8. Paul

Paul Guest

You were picking on me lol, I totally agree with this thread tho

9. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Go outside and shout at the top of your voice

"I am a window cleaning god"

10. Paul

Paul Guest

Advertisement