Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot water Systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So I have a separate tank for my Webasto heater, does this mean it will work better on Kerosene
Don’t know about work better but the Americans are fans of kerosene it is supposed to burn cleaner than diesel, ,but after over 12,500 hours running time mine was burnt out but not carboned  up so don’t know mine is plumbed into the vehicle fuel tank as I didn’t want the stink of diesel inside the van , but if I had a separate  tank I would give it a go , I think in this country kerosene is very similar to heating oil ?.. 

Don’t know about work better but the Americans are fans of kerosene it is supposed to burn cleaner than diesel, ,but after over 12,500 hours running time mine was burnt out but not carboned  up so don’t know mine is plumbed into the vehicle fuel tank as I didn’t want the stink of diesel inside the van , but if I had a separate  tank I would give it a go , I think in this country kerosene is very similar to heating oil ?.. 
More concerned it burns hotter than diesel to be honest, it was originally plumbed into the diesel tank but this time PF said it is against EU Regs to do so, so I now have a jerry can full of diesel beside it and fill it when I fill up with diesel as i's beside the diesel cap.

Kerosene does burn hotter than diesel. That is partly why it doesn't create as much soot. It depends on the design of the heater if it will run better on kero or diesel. 

One issue that might not help the pump is Diesel has more lubricating properties than kero.

kerosene and heating oil is exactly the same  
I have been running a Eberspaecher air heater on kerosene in my garage every winter for the last 6 years (it keeps my motorbikes warm and dry) and never had a problem and its on 24/7 all through the winter. The last time I bought some which was last winter I think it was 81 pence a litre  

Was it different fitting the immersion heater?

Ive seen squeaky clean Dave’s video. Any problems you found?
I didn’t have any issues with leaking - my tank has a ‘boss’ to screw an immersion element directly into. On my old tank I managed to use the exact sized hole cutter to cut the tank - the immersion literally threaded (tightly) into the hole and only needed a small dab of sealant to make good. The only other issues I’ve had are the element burning out (cheap elements - I’ll have one made for my next tank) but that’s only one a year so far. At £20-£30 it’s not massively expensive. The other ‘issue’ I had initially was the water not heating up throughout the tank. I have a full bed custom flat tank so had to build a loop circuit from one end to the other to circulate the water evenly. I used an old shurflo pump that I’d removed the pressure switch from, it’s on all night Circulating the water at a low speed. I’ve Also had a dedicated mains circuit fitted to my house electrics, this has a sub meter so I can claim every penny of electricity used to do with charging and heating the water in my van. Haven’t used the Webasto’s for over a year now (hence why they are still for sale!!!).

Back