Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How bad have I f****d up?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jounsel

So I just got my new pressure washer, I go to fill it up with engine oil and I put the oil in the pump, there was an orange cap that said oil on the pump so I just thought that's where it must go.

I then try to start it and it won't start. 

Please help 

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just got my new pressure washer, I go to fill it up with engine oil and I put the oil in the pump, there was an orange cap that said oil on the pump so I just thought that's where it must go.

Please help 
Have you correctly filled the engines sump with the correct amount of oil as most engines have a low oil warning which will prevent starting.

Have you turned on the engine kill switch 

Don't try and start a pressure washer with water In it until you pull open the gun trigger and hold or open an easy prime ball valve. That also prevents starting 

Please help 
Have you sorted it 

I have gone and done exactly the same thing! ?‍♂️ what should I do? And why is there a cap that says on it "oil" but you don't put oil in there??

Your pump has its own oil. Your engine has its own oil. It can be confusing. I nearly messed mine up but a friend pointed out my error.... I have a step by step guide that came with my machine, cause I make that kind of mistake easily.... Nearly ceased up my strimmer by not mixing the 2 stroke efficiently... What is your speck machine? can find a manual online fairly easily?

Your pump should come pre-oiled where you motor has bare minimum. That needs to be topped up to its necessary capacity. If you have mixed the oil in the pump... contact your machine supplier and ask there tech team what to do as another option.

Your pump has its own oil. Your engine has its own oil. It can be confusing. I nearly messed mine up but a friend pointed out my error.... I have a step by step guide that came with my machine, cause I make that kind of mistake easily.... Nearly ceased up my strimmer by not mixing the 2 stroke efficiently... What is your speck machine? can find a manual online fairly easily?
This was after following the manual and an instruction video on their website ? In both cases had they just explained as you have, that the pump and engine have their own fuel supplies it would of made more sense! I spoke with the supplier who recommended removing the excess oil from the pump, and adding oil to the engine but I need to buy some more oil tomorrow!

This was after following the manual and an instruction video on their website ? In both cases had they just explained as you have, that the pump and engine have their own fuel supplies it would of made more sense! I spoke with the supplier who recommended removing the excess oil from the pump, and adding oil to the engine but I need to buy some more oil tomorrow!
That is not fun at all.... Fortunately you didn't pour sand in there, it might just be a bit less viscous... might help to drain the wrong oil, and flush with the correct oil.... ??? Not a pressure pro myself :) I deffer to the pros. hehe But good luck mate! let us know how it goes when I make the mistake in future :LOL:

Please help
Most have a low oil sensor that prevent them starting if low or empty. After ‘putting it in the wrong hole’ did you fill the correct one?

Bypass the low oil sensor (disconnect yellow wire) if it starts then low oil is the problem

Attachments

• IMG_1955.jpeg
    IMG_1955.jpeg
    43.5 KB · Views: 2
It’s working fine now! ? I emptied the oil from the pump, replaced with new oil to the required level and then put oil in the engine and it started fine. Thanks for the help and tips folks ? much appreciated!
Good to hear. Most stuff has an oil sensor these days but I’ve had new stuff delivered with and without oil (often with even if they say it’ll be shipped empty). Always worth checking before you start any new engine.

Latest Posts

Back