Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do you react to "smartass" type customers?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

My straight jacket and a shite loads of meds works for me /emoticons/biggrin.png

lucky for me ....i only freak out at home....cant imagine what the neighbours think...but...i am lucky as i now have my medicine../emoticons/biggrin.png

i think with age does come some wisdom...its quite funny freaking out and thinking at the same time kicking something is only going to hurt...and still doing it...i am getting a bit better at avoiding situations...but they sometimes crop up...

I had a good one today, about 12 weeks ago I cleaned a house for a new customer who then decided I was not worth paying for whatever reason! I decided to not chase the payment as I have more important things to do with my time, so I struck him off my list.

I now clean the the houses at each side of his who are both very happy with my work, today while working I was in stealth mode with no magnetic signs on my van cleaning his neighbours house, this guys wife comes out and asks me to clean their windows so I asked if they had a window cleaner (I know they don't !) she replied that they had one but had got rid due to him being rubbish, I was like oh right who was it, she then told me who it was, you should have seen her face when I told her I was the last window cleaner who did her windows and I am still waiting for payment from her and her tight husband!

Her jaw dropped and nearly smashed the pavement when she realised I had caught her out trying to pull a fast one on me!

It was worth not getting paid just to see the horrified look on her face! Karma at last.

I had an email cancelling tonight. An 8 weekly job that I've done twice. Each time he's collared me to do his conny roof and it's a real ball ache as there is hardly any angle on the roof to rinse, plus I use a hell of a lot of water on it. The bloke is a bit of a ***** too. My reply was "no problem at all :)"

I wanted to take the p1ss in he reply a bit, but the Mrs wouldn't let me :thumbsdown:

ha ha thats all she deserves

its called shitting in your own nest

being cool & calm is the answer , also you know when folk are boiling with you, when they talk to you like xxxx

I always make point of speaking to then, they hate it

smile right into there face

Nothing winds em up more tjan a friendly smile

The **** up the street from me hasn't spoken to me for years..I still smile and say morning..he hates it

Sounds to me you should be a shrink as that's what I would do too./emoticons/biggrin.png

Good job my missus hasn't got Pogonophobia - fear of beards:laugh:

Back