Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How trustworthy are YouTube creators?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Well, this is enlightening. I always took what he said as gospel because he seemed to be in with the guys on here.

That said, when I first started out and enquired about franchising he told me he doesn't advise that (likely as he was stuck in the Philipines) and would instead sell me a business course which would get me started, including the secret recipe to make pure water! This came in at a bargain price of 2500!!!

How I didn't take him up on that offer I'll never know

I think that you have to take info from youtube the same way as you would from someone in a pub! It might be useful and correct but check with multiple sources before spending your hard earned.

There are lots of tips and tricks but you do have to wade through some 'interesting' stuff.

There is 1 channel that uses wfp then lowers brush adds moerman soap to the brush and soaps up the windows then rinses!!! They do that on every window!!! Can't imagine how long that takes....

Disappeared to the Philippines, home of his Wife, just before covid came along and never been home since as far as I know.
Never really got on with him even when he was a mod 

Phoned me once to ask for a quote for an asda nowhere near me and thought it was funny when I phoned him and realised it was him.

Never got on with me as I can see through the bullsheite and call it out I think.

Like his big contract with employees doing Birmingham's new train station.

I don't care what is true or not and would say it to his face but full of ? in my opinion. 

There I've said it so let him or anyone argue with that.

Selling leads to people was a joke.

Make a facebook profile.

Advertise for work.

Sell the leads to others who then have to do all the work of quoting etc with no guarantee of a job at the end of it.

?????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Never really got on with him even when he was a mod 

Phoned me once to ask for a quote for an asda nowhere near me and thought it was funny when I phoned him and realised it was him.

Never got on with me as I can see through the bullsheite and call it out I think.

Like his big contract with employees doing Birmingham's new train station.

I don't care what is true or not and would say it to his face but full of ? in my opinion. 

There I've said it so let him or anyone argue with that.

Selling leads to people was a joke.

Make a facebook profile.

Advertise for work.

Sell the leads to others who then have to do all the work of quoting etc with no guarantee of a job at the end of it.

?????????
He PM'D me asking me to send him my generic RAMS for gutter cleaning. Request seemed strange at the time as once you know how to do one it's not rocket science to adapt it to a different type of cleaning.

In the end I think we had a truce and we didn't contradict each others posts ?

Came home p*ssed from the pub about 4 years ago and for some stupid reason decided to look at the forum whilst parking an earlier curry.

Landed up having a proper barney with him when he was a moderator and he threw me off the forum for 5 days!!

Apart from that, got on really well with him and enjoyed our mutual Micky taking of each other 

Came home p*ssed from the pub about 4 years ago and for some stupid reason decided to look at the forum whilst parking an earlier curry.

Landed up having a proper barney with him when he was a moderator and he threw me off the forum for 5 days!!

Apart from that, got on really well with him and enjoyed our mutual Micky taking of each other 
Can't believe you, or anyone, getting argumentative when full of drink ?

He came across as a bully in that he told people what ro do rather than advising them. However I would never wish ill on anyone so hopefully he will be ok
The strange thing was he said he didn't like bullies, but did it himself, 

He rang me up years ago, wanting to do a Youtube video on lead gen I said no and he said I was wrong in the way I was running my business and should be travelling 10 miles for work, he blanked me after that ?

Someone must know one of his current/former franchises? Or knows someone who’s knows someone. The window cleaning world in England is a small world 

Someone must know one of his current/former franchises? Or knows someone who’s knows someone. The window cleaning world in England is a small world 
I assume his franchises are still doing work and he is still collecting royalties ??? Or they are still doing the rounds and pocketing all the money ?????

I assume his franchises are still doing work and he is still collecting royalties ??? Or they are still doing the rounds and pocketing all the money ?????
I don't want to throw smoke bombs or make assumptions (but I'm going to anyway), I couldn't find any of his franchisees ANYWHERE when I enquired about franchising, I was going to ask them their experience. Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't exist, but hey, who knows? 

For reference, I live in Grimsby now but lived and grew up in Sheffield in the same area as his Sheffield franchisee - never seen him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Always found a certain YouTuber  very obnoxious and somewhat unnecessarily rigid in his approach and views to customers. 
Profiling customers for example may sound good in theory but your playing a dangerous game by judging people on the size or condition of their property. Some of my longest and most reliable customers may not live in luxurious properties but they still like their windows cleaned and never have an issue paying. 
He also done a video about customers not being your friends which may be true but being friendly and courteous to the customers you have usually results in them recommending you to friends and family. 
window cleaning may be a more sophisticated business now with new modern tech but I still think there’s room for the personal touch and I’m my experience this approach has served me well. 

Latest Posts

Back