Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How trustworthy are YouTube creators?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Peter wasn't it? I too bought a brush off him, it seemed heavier than the advertised weight. I weighed it and put the picture of the scales up on the forum. He said my scales were broke ?
i had a chat to that guy on the phone and he did come over as not intrested in any bad words about his brushes, i suggested the boars hair to be all along the brush and he seemed dumnfounded as if i was totally wrong, a few months later yes the boar hair was along the width of his new brushes, to be fair, other suppliers had to up their game a bit to compete with his brushes although heavy, and the stock knocked the hell out of painted wooden frames  the bristles were good and cleaned quicker than the brushes available at the time not considering vikans of course?, i think his name was richard if i remember rightly, 

I like watching the 'live' webcams on YouTube. My favourite channel is Virtual Rail Fan. Based in the USA. Big massive trains come past, there's usually a moderator on the webcam, he zooms in on things that are of interest so it doesn't get boring, plus there's a chat feature too. There was a woodpecker pecking at a telegraph pole the other day ?. Love it toot toot ?
 Hi @Tuffers, I recently watched a YouTube video that I think you would find very interesting. 'Hobo' 1992. It's very poignant. It's about a renowned railroad hobo (sadly no longer with us) who went by the name of 'Beargrease'. A railroad wanderer and philosopher having travelled much of the world in the merchant navy and military. He was well respected and very astute and aware of the changes coming down the line, so to speak.

In fact I'd recommend it to anyone who is interested in the story of authentic free spirited individuals. An hour and a half programme that I first saw thirty years ago and never forgot.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of the most on point posts I have read on here in a long time.

These youtubers are normally getting paid in free equipment.Take Ashley Mac he has a clear affiliation with Streamline and spinaclean.

His not likely to say somethings rubbish or negative to someone supplying him with free equipment and being a 1man band that gutter vac or tank or pole can make a big difference to him and his view of the product.

There was a member on here who was a regular YouTuber talking about the window cleaning business.People hung of his words and advise.He made out he was big time.

His just been struck off and his company dissolved so can't have been that great advise.
who was that ? 

i had a chat to that guy on the phone and he did come over as not intrested in any bad words about his brushes, i suggested the boars hair to be all along the brush and he seemed dumnfounded as if i was totally wrong, a few months later yes the boar hair was along the width of his new brushes, to be fair, other suppliers had to up their game a bit to compete with his brushes although heavy, and the stock knocked the hell out of painted wooden frames  the bristles were good and cleaned quicker than the brushes available at the time not considering vikans of course?, i think his name was richard if i remember rightly, 
Yes, Richard was his name. I wonder what he's up to now? I've got a full boars hair brush of his in my van. 

This is one of the most on point posts I have read on here in a long time.

These youtubers are normally getting paid in free equipment.Take Ashley Mac he has a clear affiliation with Streamline and spinaclean.

His not likely to say somethings rubbish or negative to someone supplying him with free equipment and being a 1man band that gutter vac or tank or pole can make a big difference to him and his view of the product.

There was a member on here who was a regular YouTuber talking about the window cleaning business.People hung of his words and advise.He made out he was big time.

His just been struck off and his company dissolved so can't have been that great advise.

Would I be wrong if I thought you were referring to green pro?

He has gone remarkably quite , at the start of lock down I think he was supposed to have been in the Philippines  or somewhere like that but doesn’t seam to have re appeared ?? Anyone know what’s happened to him ?? 

Yes.

I don't know his circumstances and it's none of my business or place to talk about him or his business.I do know he went abroad and i'm guessing to live.

He was a very avid YouTuber putting up regular videos and continuing to grow and push his business which now appears not to exist.

Yes.

I don't know his circumstances and it's none of my business or place to talk about him or his business.I do know he went abroad and i'm guessing to live.

He was a very avid YouTuber putting up regular videos and continuing to grow and push his business which now appears not to exist.
He still seams to have a current website ??? That’s working 

29AA776C-9E7A-420E-B579-8208937B699B.png

He still seams to have a current website ??? That’s working 

View attachment 26376
Companies house says it's dissolved as is the canvasing business.

Could mean anything.who knows??

Not me and I don't particularly care.

The point I was trying to make is youtube/influencers and social media in general show you what the poster or blogger want you to see and normally like kevin has said there is a motive for this be it self promotion or financial gain or products.

Companies house says it's dissolved as is the canvasing business.

Could mean anything.who knows??

Not me and I don't particularly care.

The point I was trying to make is youtube/influencers and social media in general show you what the poster or blogger want you to see and normally like kevin has said there is a motive for this be it self promotion or financial gain or products.
Last time he logged on hear was August last year ? The mods must know what’s happened to him @Iron Giant @Dave B ?? 

Yes.

Quite a few on here quoted him saying he could get £15 for a standard 3 bed semi anywhere in the country. People in the NE knew he was talking rubbish but people still believed him.

Think there's quite a few on here that still greatly exaggerate their prices and turnover. The problem with this is while the established can see through it the newbies buy into the dream and fail because of it.

Quite a few on here quoted him saying he could get £15 for a standard 3 bed semi anywhere in the country. People in the NE knew he was talking rubbish but people still believed him.

Think there's quite a few on here that still greatly exaggerate their prices and turnover. The problem with this is while the established can see through it the newbies buy into the dream and fail because of it.
Didn’t he have a load of franchises??? One assumes they are still going ??? 

Looking at the companies house filings there are a few address changes and what I assume is his wife was taken off the directors list and it didn't seem a new one was appointed. I thought a Ltd needed 2 directors to be legal? He also got stuck in the far East. 

I would have thought he had multiple ltd's for different parts of his business ie his window cleaning, lead generation and then master franchise. 

While his prices may not have worked all over the country, I believe he has helped to give people more confidence in pricing higher which is a good thing for everyone. 

I hope he and his franchisees are doing well and enjoying life.

The one person that gets my goat he took a lot of money off UK window cleaners with false promises. He does a regular show on You Tube and the Yanks  love him.

Watched a video about RO and it was so  blatant misinformation about other products just to up his product.

I enjoyed some of his videos. Didn’t agree with all of them, but I specifically remember one day about 3 or 4 years ago, I had a quieter week, and was meant to go out canvassing & leafleting, but I couldn’t be bothered ? I remember watching one of his ‘go get them’ videos and it motivated me to go out. So for that- Thank you. 

I don’t know him at all personally, but I hope he’s doing ok. I remember him mentioning he’d been battling mental health and that’s not a nice place to be. 

Mr A.E Mac makes really good quality videos. And puts a lot of effort in ? and I’ve listened to most of his podcasts so far.  But like the rest of them i don’t think its a true reality, it’s all too squeaky clean & perfect.  
Last weeks podcast was way too happy & positive for me ?

Back