Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How windy is too windy?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I don't watch the weather forecast

If I can't keep the pole on the glass I will stop

Once this year I missed townhouses due to wind but not had a day off due to wind

Did some work in Doris last year which needed doing but had to blade the bottom windows off due to bits in the air

Being young, slim and long hair helps ?
So your son works on those days then

I don't watch the weather forecast

If I can't keep the pole on the glass I will stop

Once this year I missed townhouses due to wind but not had a day off due to wind

Did some work in Doris last year which needed doing but had to blade the bottom windows off due to bits in the air
I've got a 40 mile drive and windows where I have to fully extend my 27' pole, ain't going down there to turn around. If I was local I would wait and see.

Up to 40mph winds forecasted local to me tomorrow booked the work in if too bad will be a nice early finish. 

I usually give it a go an just quit if pole is to hard to control.  Will move work forward a bit to avoid some of the smaller outlying villages. Also miss anything with a courtyard as I found everything just blows an sticks to the glass. 

Depends really. Up here we have a lot of wind, so I have tried most situations.

For high work where I have to get my 47 footer out, I avoid anything above 10m/s, but have had trouble all the way down to 8 m/s if the wind direction is blowing straight across the facade of the building.

For other lower work I try to stay below 15 m/s but have cleaned in up to 20 m/s if the house is in a favourable spot.

I dislike wind more because of the strong gusts when driving, than the discomfort when cleaning.

But then there's the rain. Rain and strong wind will soak you through good in minutes. So either I gear up in full waterproof clothing, or stay home.

I never check wind speed lmfao I've not got a barometer in the van [emoji23] just crack on if the windows are drying bad then it's ladders I work in most wether these days back in the day I rember working in gusts up to 70mph going but wether forecast that was nuts but we got the work done these days I do 10 hours a week on shop fronts so wind is not a problem on these as it's trad pole and afraim

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

This storm is starting to get scary...

04C1CFBD-833C-4EC7-B10D-A2D6DC465C48.png

Anyway it’s drying up now and apparently dying down after lunchtime. Off to work I go. Take it easy guys, And may the gale force be with you 

Orange weather warning here in county Mayo, heavy wind and rain. Hoping it will pass soon so I can get out, no chance at the moment. 

Had a gutter job booked in today, 40mph winds & 60mph gusts. Was working with my father in law today on it anyway so he went up and I footed the ladder. Had to be done today for various reasons, but bloody hard work, both with holding the pole AND the ladder upright when he was up it! Plus as he throwing **** down from inside, the wind was causing it to blow sideways into my face! 

Managed to do two gutter jobs this morning, finished the last one at 1pm. Good job I got finished when I did. Very rough weather driving home, van was all over the place.

Managed to do two gutter jobs this morning, finished the last one at 1pm. Good job I got finished when I did. Very rough weather driving home, van was all over the place.
You worked longer than me mate, I did 8.30am to 11.30am and that was it there were bins all over the road 

Back