How would you cope??

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by keir, Feb 4, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. keir

keir Guru

If you couldn't ever use wfp again and had to go back to full time trad???

When i first started wfp and i had a cheap fibreglass 3 section ionics pole which when collapsed is like 7", with the heaviest brush in the world, i was NOT impressed!! In fact after trying hard to like it I went back to trad for 6 weeks just to give my newly developed tennis elbow a rest induced by said pole/brush combo.

But after buying a pheonix carbon 22 and extreme medium mixed and an aquadapter i saw the light, and my tennis elbow disappeared.

Now...........i honestly dont think i could ever go back to trad full time.........please dont think I'm being a snob trad guys but I've been thinking alot about it this last couple of months and it would be a real wrench going back trad. Dont get me wrong i still do trad, and really enjoy it.

Another thing i have been analysing (geeeeek alert lol) is the comparison of speed between trad and wfp

I know some lads swear wfp is twice as quick, and trad lads say they are way quicker.......blah blah blah

My own personal findings are.....wfp is only ever so slightly quicker for me, there are a few reasons

1- i slowed down tradding a couple years ago, just because i couldn't be bothered racing myself
    2- age and knackering myself out
    3- wfp is slightly quicker mainly for not having to move ladders, putting them up and down, no detailing
    4- I'm not as quick at wfp as others because i tend to go over the top because i used to be nervous of spotting and rather do a top job than just hoping it will be ok or redoing windows that you can see will spot.

Basically I love wfp

Advertisement
  2. scrim it

scrim it Active Member

Only doing wfp a few months, I think it is quicker if the glass is hydophillic. I enjoy wfp more than trad though I still do both. I think some houses are quicker to do by trad but most are quicker by wfp in my experience once you have cleaned it a few times by wfp.

I can wear thick gloves with wfp and feel safer. What I like about trad is that you have a clean window striaght away which you know is clean where as with wfp there's always that worry it might spot which you cant check as it takes a while to dry.

Both have positive and negitives but I think it's important to have both tools of the trade at your disposal :)

3. keir

keir Guru

Couldn't of said it any better pal, totally agree with you

4. Posh

Posh Hero

I do both & must admit I enjoy trad more. I don't think you can beat being up close to the window. I also like it as I know when I'm done the windows clean & don't worry thinking as it come out right. I do like wfp as well & think its very handy for me to do them windows over conservators.

5. keir

keir Guru

Yeah know what you mean posh, but after a couple of hours of trad i start looking forward to getting back to wfp.
    Trad is a very satisfying process though.

6. Posh

Posh Hero

Yep I must admit when I know I'm gonna be using it I do look forward to it.

7. Tattooed window cleaner

Tattooed window cleaner Active Member

I changed over to WFP after 12 year trad cleaning,been doin WFP 4 month now,n often feel like lobbing the pole,hose and gear in the river
    Tangled hose,catching on every thing,different ways round houses instead o just walking round with the ladder.
    It early days yet n give it a few more months,I spose it does get easier tho

8. Posh

Posh Hero

Whatever the hose can catch on it does lol

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I find judging the hose quite easy. Pull out enough for the furthest point away to your first corner/turn, go to the next corner/turn with hose in hand, pull remainder of hose to that point, go to next corner/turn with hose in hand etc etc. The hard part is judging how much to pull off the reel to start with. I count every pull and that works for me.

10. keir

keir Guru

Yeah i felt exactly the same bud, takes a while to re-learn your round for the hose
    Tuffers is bang on.
    Even after 18 months i'm still finding better, more efficient ways to negotiate hose routes, and parking strategically to make hose use even better.
    But more importantly i know pretty much every shrub stump, step, gnome, garden light, manhole cover etc etc that will catch. Makes life a whole lot easier and less frustrating

Advertisement