Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hypo on K render ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yeah but only a domestic karcher

For washing dirt muck and top level of algae

If you rinse all plants and grass and do it on a damp day it's fine

Plus water the hypo right down

Calcium hypochlorite is the white stuff they use in swimming pools

I know from a guy who cleans the pool in the villa in alicante that it doesn’t dissolve as well as hypo in water but it doesn't kill plantlife

If you look at any weedkiller bottle it's main ingredient is salt and they charge a lot to sell it as weedkiller

The sodium is replaced with calcium which is actually a plant fertiliser

I don't know Loz but i will stick with hypo i reckon

Am gonna look into getting some now

Where do you get it?

Got a link?

Cool

I've just been looking

How long does it last as i have found 25l of 15% for 20 squid

Is that free delivery ?

It's a hazardous Chem I think it costs

It doesn't last too long I think

I use within a week but not sure how long is ok

I meant do you use a lot for 1 average job

Obviously if I'm making money on it I'll buy as much as i need

Gonna look around for a local supplier as there are some farms not far from here who i know the owners to see where they might buy it

Oh right

It goes a long way

I did a full day on a house walls and paths and uses 1 25 l drum

Although it depends how you apply / spray and how much you waste

Calcium hypochlorite DOES kill plants. I have killed loads of weeds with it.

It does clean like hypo solution, once its been dissolved into water.

But, if you don't use warm water, it doesn't work nearly as well in my experience. Also, you need to give it at least 30mins in warm / hot water before using. Use it too soon, and it doesn't work well .

Paul

Thanks mateLooks like I was misinformed
Salt certainly does kill plants, but so does bleach - it kills everything, which is why it's useful for cleaning. Calcium hypochlorite is bleach just as sodium hypochlorite is. In a pool, calcium hypo is used to kill off bacteria, fungal infections, viruses etc - basically any small 'living organisms'.

Paul

Pease excuse my ignorance but is that 2xhypo 1x water or the other way? Do you add any agent to stop it running off the walls too quickly like washing liquid etc....
cheers,

John
This post is 5 years old that mix is to strong for k rend 4 or 5 parts water to one part hypo is ok , a surfactant will help it cling to the wall , look on bonnymans web site they sell several that are suitable , but make sure you understand the H&S side of things and use the appropriate Ppe 

Last edited by a moderator:
This post is 5 years old that mix is to strong for k rend 4 or 5 parts water to one part hypo is ok , a surfactant will help it cling to the wall , look on bonnymans web site they sell several that are suitable , but make sure you understand the H&S side of things and use the appropriate Ppe 
Thanks for the advice, the wife’s a chemist so I would get an ear pounding if I went near the stuff without proper breathing kit and PPE! 
I intend using DDAC ( didecyl dimethyl ammonium chloride) once clean to keep the algae and mould down but it’s proving difficult to get at the moment as it used in deep cleaning etc to kill the virus etc...

Thanks for the advice, the wife’s a chemist so I would get an ear pounding if I went near the stuff without proper breathing kit and PPE! 
I intend using DDAC ( didecyl dimethyl ammonium chloride) once clean to keep the algae and mould down but it’s proving difficult to get at the moment as it used in deep cleaning etc to kill the virus etc...
If its just green, red algae then just bio it 

Why is all this algae forming on render, I don't remember this ever being an issue in the past?

Is this going to be a big growth (sorry for pun) business as more houses had insulation then render applied to make warmer houses?

Back