Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I'll think about it.... not

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ta boar ...yes i am already working on some excuse...but its hard ...he did ask me for my day rate...but i dont know what you say to that...my days vary dependant on mood location and sometimes days are fridays and they can be freakishly short...cause ...there fridays.../emoticons/biggrin.png

to be honest....i am just not keen on being on someones driveway behind gates and stuck there for ages...i likes to go with the flow and big jobs scare me...but as you say boar...sometimes you just wanna prove you can hack it....

just been to the salt sellar middlewhich and guess who pulled in...a pair of windys with all the ladders piled high for a quick couple of pints after a hard graft as you do...i was dying to go and slap a windowcleaning forum leaflet through their open window but gav...where are they? any way i was going to catch them on their way out but got distracted by a bird....

okay i was with the wife and so it wasnt that type of bird...i think it was a wag tail cause thats what it did...what do i know...anyway i turned around and they had gone....so if you had a white astra loaded with ladders and you are on here say hello....i wont tell the wife you had a couple..er we all done that from time to time...

yes tuffers and especially in the light of reading the way smurfy works...do half the work and still end up on good money if you lose half...seems a no brainer to me....change is on the horizon....

i think a lot of this job is getting the confidence back after being away for a while...in my first twenty odd years on the windows i cant really recall emptying gutters and plastic frames soffits even gutters where not the norm as they are now so things have changed and i be changing with them....:cool:

edit crackin story boar about your van...life is very strange sometimes...i wonder if they are on here....

edit 2 yep koop me dodged many an inside....save it for a rainy day..

I had an indian woman yesterday following me round from inside trying to point at marks as I was cleaning them

Did 3 windows then got in car and ****ed off

it's good being able to pick and choose

I had an indian woman yesterday following me round from inside trying to point at marks as I was cleaning themDid 3 windows then got in car and ****ed off

it's good being able to pick and choose
I'm not racist but what is it with our eastern friends that they seem to distrust what work we're doing on their property? Don't get me wrong, I have some good eastern customers, but the majority do my pip. I had one old eastern woman who I'd never met before (must have been a relative) sitting in the garden blurbbling away at me in foreign. I poled the top windows and made my way back to the first bottom one. She started grunting and pointing at the window furthest away. I turns round and says 'don't worry bab, I'll get to it in a minute.' And when I did get to it, I asked her if it was to her satisfaction, she just grunted back. And don't even get me going on haggling........

welcome to the forum daveyboy1 hmmm some good points on here...keeping my thoughts in my head../emoticons/biggrin.png

i did one in my youth and it was a big glass porch but was covered in really heavy net curtains...so in she walks...have you done behind there...oh yes i said...and she pulled them away and you could plainly see i hadnt done them...oops caught...but then again another i struggled to get the money off and kept adding stuff...

but i did learn a lesson always check...and at least make an effort...

earlier this year after 2 indians on consequtive days did the haggling /nitpicking i made the decision not to work for any more from that region. i struck off about 20 from my list that day, some had been with me 6 yrs but still as sour as ever , ,enoughs enough!

it does seem harsh but yes i am not used to going through that and dont think i will bother either.../emoticons/smile.png

norm saves the day...yeh ..prefer chinese but i do like the food....cant haggle when i order though....apparently...although my son has a friend who does...and it works..he gets freebies...:rolleyes:

Best one for me I did a job for a "Mr" you know the sort that earn big bucks as a surgeon. Anyway I got so peed of in the end after he paid me I said "I'm fed up with dealing with your sort so no I won't be doing anymore work for you". His face was a picture but let’s just hope I don't need and life saving operation /emoticons/biggrin.png

i got struck off the clean it up forum for being honest about the indian lot. twice. then i decided somebody on there was on a power trip and i now cant be bothered .

some on there were saying they are good as gold as customers and it was me who had the problem. iv no problem with indians,in fact iv a good friend who is indian and still lives there , but in my opinion UK indians + UK cleaners dont mix.

yeh some how dont think in a million years i will go back to that particular job...i did put up with it a lot in my early days but as you get older and you meet some really nice people...some are so embarrassingly generous...and appreciative of your work i do think they have the wrong attitude to get a good job done...if some one tells you how good your work is you bend over backwards to make sure it is....

and tuffers you can post now....it wasnt whisky i sent to gav to bribe him...same colour...

Unfortunately it is there nature to haggle/barter and generally be a pain in the ****.

The classic one has got to be to date @cheapncheerful multimillion pound mansion he cleaned inside/out for £75 :confused:

Best one for me I did a job for a "Mr" you know the sort that earn big bucks as a surgeon. Anyway I got so peed of in the end after he paid me I said "I'm fed up with dealing with your sort so no I won't be doing anymore work for you". His face was a picture but let’s just hope I don't need and life saving operation /emoticons/biggrin.png
/emoticons/biggrin.png

Saying that I do have a lovely indian customer I have had for years even when I had jacked it all in I kept him.

do the house and he asks "can you do gutters.cut grass.etc..and do you know anyone who can get rid of these bushes

Can you clean skylights on roof

Then says heres the cash I'm off out

Then says heres the cash I'm off out ...the dream custy ..for me anyway...if you ever give up...i will look after him for you!

hip hip hooray...i back tuffers....

i had a nice day so a nice golden dream tonight....i not thinking about that thursday job again...and even my hedging shears have been found...the custy is looking after them for me...and my pump is now fixed on my ro unit...all i want now is to crack this wfp malarky and i will be happy...i may attempt the fitting of the di tomorrow and get producing....i have had my first glass...tastes lovely.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Back