Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Im Livid!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

to some people business is business so they do what they can to make a few easy quid. i blame the government for this and the lack of jobs etc. well so they say theres a lack of jobs but if you look theres jobs about. just people take the easy route out. lets hope this week with cold weather them beer money cleaners dont wanna work.

tell me bout it, one reason i ended up window cleaning. i had 43 interviews in 2010 and never got a call bk about one of them. i landed a job on agency but on that morning i was going to start they said the job has been taken up perm and they no longer required agency work. i kinda fell into this really doing windows for a mate. she said clean my windows ill give you 20 quid, i done them and i said any more jobs after and she said no just do my windows. hence the name lol

I bet when they ring him he trys to get them to start paying by bank transfer then I steals there card info and emptys bank accounts
You don't get card details through a bank transfer and as far as im aware you dont even get to see there sort code or account number. Can someone confirm?

For a bank transfer you need the other persons account and sort code number..

For the person to take their money, they will need things like long digit number, dates of card and 3 numbers at the back....

I advise this every time I'm asked, NEVER, EVER put those 2 pieces of information (account number & sort code) on your website if you're going to do bank transfers. Your name and address are most likely on your website or at least they should be and a pro would need nothing else to rape your account badly and get you into sooooooooo much debt.

I advise this every time I'm asked, NEVER, EVER put those 2 pieces of information (account number & sort code) on your website if you're going to do bank transfers. Your name and address are most likely on your website or at least they should be and a pro would need nothing else to rape your account badly and get you into sooooooooo much debt.
Yeah I would agree with that, they could cause a lot of damage.

Obviously you guys are not a fan of top gear.
JC tested this theory and someone set up a direct debit, which TAKES money. He lost £500

If a scammer sets up a fake charity, it is exactly the same.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1574781/Jeremy-Clarkson-eats-his-words-over-ID-theft.html
I wonder if it did happen exactly like this is reported. I can recall thinking at the time that this is probably another one of Jeremy Clarkson's publicity stunts. Why would the money go to a recognised charity and not a scammer.

As I get older I get more cynical. Sorry

Hello, My name is robert. As your previous window cleaner likely informed you, we have now taken over the window cleaning round and from now on we look forward to taking care of your window cleaning needs.Please contact us and we’ll be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Please note: Understandably, it may take us a little longer for us to get around the work this first time while we become familiar with the round, , but please be assured that we will do our best to come as soon as possible. If you are not at home please call to arrange a place to hide the payment. . Hope to meet you soon!

Yours Sincerely,

robert

07782 324970

thats what i got, i thought i had seen a letter simular to that somewhere but i cant think where, prob on another forum i dunno /emoticons/sad.png
Just reading your posts and i feel annoyed for you mate ,that would boil my blood ...what a thing to do ,hope you've kept hold of all your work.

yehhh i never lost one customer, it was just 2 customers who had this letter. i went round the rest in the area and gave them a letter explaining i aint quitting and never will.

as to the sort code etc. i sore something about that. driving licence number is the next best thing to steal your I.D

another scam that was going round in my area was petrol stations double swiping your card. a woman up the road from me got done for stealing 5k in a month from card scamming. all the scammers do is pay the cashier so much money and they fit there card swiping machine in and then collect at the end of the day, they got thousands of numbers to play with. ALWAYS watch when they touch ya card!

You don't get card details through a bank transfer and as far as im aware you dont even get to see there sort code or account number. Can someone confirm?
yer but how many people know this some people are naïve and will give there details over

thats why they target old people half the time. the people who got that letter we old people in there 60-70s

Back