Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flettner air vent Van Condensation

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

Has anyone had one of these Roof Air Vents installed   to rid van of condensation  in winter monthe,      If so are they worth the investment

We sold them mainly to customers who wanted to remove smells from the inside of the van. So the council's dog poop collection van had them fitted. Most of the dog vans supplied to the police had/have them fitted as well. They help to remove dog smells, give them fresh air and also help to keep the van cooler in the sun.

But if you are considering one, the one you must look at is the one that you can shut the air off (the impellor still spins.) Its more expensive than the one you can't. If you have a small frost heater in the van in winter the vent will suck the heat straight out. It will also draw warm air coming into the driver compartment out as well, so your van's cabin will feel much colder - like having a window partially open with the heating on.)

We don't have a problem with condenstaion inside the van. We don't have any leaks, the tank lid seals pretty well and I don't brim the tank. The pole hoses are drained down of water each time before they are put away and any excess water is shaken from the brush heads.

On occassion we do have tiny damp moisture patches on the roof of the van. If I feel inclined, I dry them off with a dry towel. I usually couldn't be bothered so leave the rear door open with the van parked on the driveway for a few hours. 99% of the time its reversed in. (I won't leave a door open if the van wasn't reversed in.)

Judging by the photos you took of your plylined floor, I would strongly suggest that you solve the leak problems you have. If you get ontop of that then there is little need for counter measures.

Your van is a typical example of what happens if plyling is left on the floor inside the van with fitting a tank ontop of it. I have always advocated that it should be removed. Every now and again I put the transfer hose into to fill the tank and forget it which floods the van out. I will dry as much of the water up as I can but having no plyling does allow that spilled water to dry out.

Oh, I would also get rid of the plyning at the back, put some Protectakote (or similar) down to give you a non slip floor. You can also get a few of those rubber mats with holes in to put your hose reels on.

Last edited by a moderator:
im taking tank taps etc off and refitting with  new ptf tape, they dont feel tight enough now.   im putting 3/4 in  battons down to put tank on,    i can then see and dry any water up.   & see where any leaks come from and rectify,   **** weather,  cant leave doors open to get refitted up.  with the ply down you tend to turn a blind eye to it.    because you cant see underneath ply. 

i ordered what looked like a XL Drip tray from ebay,    came this morning,    i thought it was a strong moulded tray to go under reel,     its like a cloth  , very dissapointed.

we usually have ply because its smooth and clean,    easy to put and take things from van   + household items you transport .

ill try the batton plan for now till summer comes.

there a help but they wont stop it all , cant understand why people get so hung up with condensation in the back of the van , do want we do , work harder and and wont have time to see it , then you will be so tired at the end of the day you will just hang the poles up and forget about it until you start the next day repete 6 days a week and jobs done 

Back