In the back of a wfp van!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Remy, Feb 1, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Remy

Remy Member

hi, my first post on the forum I'm currently installing a wfp system in my van! Reading the threads on here have been a great help sure iv learnt a great lot so thanks too all. But what else do you keep in the van to help i.e. chems,type of cloths, spares parts things like that? i like to do a job right and even tho i have no experience of window cleaning I'm sure ill get it right (hopefully lol) i was a roof slate and tiler since i left school for 12 years but snapped my ACL in my knee 1 1/2 years ago and after a reconstruction and a long hard of rehabilitation iv decided in a new occupation thats easy on my knee but still outdoors and physical enough too keep me happy! any useful info for a newbie is all welcome cheers

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Hi & welcome Remy

I'm guessing you are not so keen on ladders now?

3. Remy

Remy Member

lol not really smurf even though i snapped my acl playing football I'm going wfp allmthe way but will still offer gutter clearing off a ladder

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I snapped my cruciate ligament playing footy. I walked off the pitch and drove myself to the hospital. They operated the next day. No stretcher for Tuffers :thumbsdown:

As for what you need in your van; tools like pliers, screwdrivers, a knife, things like that really. Always have spare parts of things that may break like connectors.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Best you don't get a small van would be my first bit of advice as you will soon outgrow it,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Hi Remy
    At last another ex roofer to prove to smurf we're not all psychotic nutters intent on killing ourselves

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

No but is funny to hear roofers turn to window cleaning instead as they can make a killing doing roofs surely? :D

8. Remy

Remy Member

tuffers do you keep any bottles of products and cloths? iv got a 12 plate vivaro smurf iv already thought about growth of the business I'm putting a 2man 800L tank in the back

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I gave up years ago when i moved out of london away from my mums other half who i worked for

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Its dangerous work as I've known personally 3 roofer that never came home to their wife and kids.

Advertisement