Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Information on Gutters Poles Set for a fraction of suppliers costs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yes I have the quick release ones as I bought my setup last year from gutter systems (regret) as only 1400w machine and poles heavy I weighed the ones from gutter systems just over 800g these flag poles 600g makes a big difference so now looking for the quick release clamps but don't want to pay the gutter systems prices

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I think[mention=413]TJTOPCAT[/mention] uses one similar

Not quite the same, but looks a decent vacuum.
Just one piece of advice, the cloth filter basket that comes with your vacuum.

Use it all the time Wet or Dry.

Can't stress how important that is.

The only problems we used to get was when customers used the vacuum with no filter in.

With no filter in, any particles will get sucked directly in to the motors fan blade and that the motor knackered.

Not quite the same, but looks a decent vacuum.  
Just one piece of advice, the cloth filter basket that comes with your vacuum.
Use it all the time Wet or Dry.
Can't stress how important that is.
The only problems we used to get was when customers used the vacuum with no filter in.
With no filter in, any particles will get sucked directly in to the motors fan blade and that the motor knackered.

Blast it cleaning with hose pipeIMG_20180825_102500344.jpegIMG_20180825_103128238.jpeg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Alloy poles are ok but very heavy when using them at shallow angles it’s hard work if you are going to be using it a reasonable amount it’s worth investing in carbon , you don’t want to be using alloy poles at 60 feet we used to do stuff at 50 feet and it was difficult to control the pole especially when it starts to get silt sticking to the inside becomes very heavy indeed we now regularly do jobs up to 60 feet with carbon poles and you can easily hold it with one hand far safer and a lot easier on the arms and shoulders 

I'm alloy I'm ok with it. It can be hard sometimes if you have to place a 40 foot pole on the ground and then lift it back up because you can't rest it on a building. I have a knack of swinging it back up. Once you get some momentum it's ok. I do a fair bit of weight training which helps with this.. 

THL4KEL said:
I'm alloy I'm ok with it. It can be hard sometimes if you have to place a 40 foot pole on the ground and then lift it back up because you can't rest it on a building. I have a knack of swinging it back up. Once you get some momentum it's ok. I do a fair bit of weight training which helps with this.. 
Anyway I try to steer clear of too high because if anything goes wrong i.e you knock something out of place it's me whos going to have to pay for scaffolding or a cherry picker to rectify the fault.

Hi,@windowgleamtrowbridge I've ordered the same gutter vac system as you Including camera.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1080P-HD-Sports-Camera-WIFI-Mini-DV-Carry-Case-Bundle-Action-Camcorder-SJ4000-i/401209741523?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
My camera has arrived but the attachments are too small to fit around the pole, have you any ideas on how to attach it.
It's the go pro type if anyone else has done this.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I got a jubilee clip drilled a hole in it, went the pound shop bought a selfie stick, unscrewed the phone attachment and broke of the screw which held the phone attachment and then put that screw through the drilled hole in the jubilee clip, screwed the jubilee clip to the pole and the camera just mounts onto the pole via that clip. 

Cost about £3

I use a 360 cam so don't have to be hugely accurate where I point it, I can just pan round to see what I need to see

Last edited by a moderator:
Back