Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro Water Getting Drained Away

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil

When i use my merlin i have to hang the black piping out which is draining all the **** water out can i not use the **** water and put that into a holding tank at my house and then when i need more pure water i can pump that water back through the merlin rather than using tap water again? I put my tds meter on the **** water that was draining away and it was reading 110 , can i use this water again

You could do, but for the cost of water its not really worth the hassle.
filling up 500ltrs a day is a lot and the drain away water comes out really fast surely that will cost a lot of money

As rc says. Plus every time you do that it'll make the membranes work a bit harder as the tds on the waste will be higher than the tap water.

It wouldnt make my membrane work harder because my tap reading is 270 and i tested the water that gets drained and thats reading 150 so its better i thought

It wouldnt make my membrane work harder because my tap reading is 270 and i tested the water that gets drained and thats reading 150 so its better i thought
my tap water its 456ppm and the waste water is 500somthing,

on my water meter with anglian water it only costs £1.20something or each 1000lts used!

Is that the standard rate or garden usage rate?

That seems unusual! By that standard if you recycled twice more it'd be zilch! I would have expected it to be more like 350??? Weird!

Do you guys that run these systems (static?) do you let the waste water go down your drain or can it be collected and used for gardens etc..?

Do you guys that run these systems (static?) do you let the waste water go down your drain or can it be collected and used for gardens etc..?
i have 3 x 220lt to collect the waste water to use elsewhere, but when they are full it just goes down the drain.

Mine goes down the drain mate i will do a vid when i next fill up to show you guys i will do it 2mora and show you lot the tap readings and waste reading

Back