Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is gas powered hot water any good?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Thanks Spruce. Never met Smurf but I used to stumble across his posts now and again. The drain down bit seems easy enough.
I’ve Use lpg chimmny stuck out roof fill up gas connection side of van froststate thermostat so flows through reel and tank while I’m in bed at night at 2 degrees so tank is warm reel is ice free been useing for 10 years not many problems apart that service stations are getting rid of lpg

Putting gas in your van is dangerous, putting it in a van for a member of staff is potential manslaughter . You cant cheap out when it comes to staff safety, get an immersion or diesel heater.

I use a eco temp l6 I’ve used gas heaters for years there a good bit of kit I’ve never had a issue with any of mine get the l5 tho as you can run on lower flow if you will probably start using it every day once you start and reep the benefits of hot water ?

Mine cuts out in wind too i have to park facing wind to combat that issue I’m running 64 otherwise heater won’t fire up I prefer working at 52 with 2mm jets had to change to 3mm as to much splashing up on top rubber of glass

Mine cuts out in wind too i have to park facing wind to combat that issue I’m running 64 otherwise heater won’t fire up I prefer working at 52 with 2mm jets had to change to 3mm as to much splashing up on top rubber of glass
True! But i ran cold for yrs, sometimes when im out of gas on the job i just couldt imagine going back to cold everyday ,the hoses are stiffer and bird poop are a hassle to dissolve. Everybody knows dishwashing in cold water is a disaster too, heat helps remove dirt faster.

True! But i ran cold for yrs, sometimes when im out of gas on the job i just couldt imagine going back to cold everyday ,the hoses are stiffer and bird poop are a hassle to dissolve. Everybody knows dishwashing in cold water is a disaster too, heat helps remove dirt faster.
Not a fair comparison. It’s the washing up liquid that removes the dirt

Latest Posts

Back